Drawn to 007 - Dynamite’s new hardcovers and beyond

Issue 4 of Kill Chain has just been dispatched to, got me wondering when this CR was out - Amazon is now estimating December 26th on my pre-order! What is up with this graphic novel?!?!?!?

With their modern day set Bond comics, Dynamite is doing a wonderful job, and without any delays. However, with this graphic novel, as well as the announced and then subsequently never mentioned again Origin comic, it seems like they are slipping with the Fleming-timeline comics. Perhaps it’s because they have to jump through additional hoops with IFP?

And oddly, the digital date is now pushed back to November 22, 2017. Wonder why the digital date is consistently earlier than the print.

You have got to be kidding me. Delayed again until January 23, 2018. Digital date has been pushed back to December 20, 2017.

It is becoming a cruel joke. I fear for the other novel adaptations they had in mind originally following the release of this one!

For this very reason I’ve forgotten about the book for the time being.

I got the VARGR hardcover for chrissy. It’s the first time I’ve read a Dynamite publication and enjoyed it immensely.

In the bonus section one of the alternate covers caught my attention…

Sterling Archer 007. :smirk:

Glad you enjoyed it, Blofelds_Cat.

It won’t happen, but I’d love them to do stories set between the films. For example, showing the ‘Africa job’ M refers to in the Moonraker PTS. Show us the mission, with him running into Jaws, etc. And it ends with the rejuvenated Jaws sneaking on board the private plane, and then Bond boarding before it takes off. So many opportunities like that…it would be cool. Marvel has entire comic lines doing this stuff for Star Wars.

Well, mates. At this point, I’m not sure what will come along first, some concrete news on the new film, or this damned book!

Anybody have any information on this?

I pray it hasn’t been canned…

It’s coming out this month, guaranteed.

We’re exactly a week out from the release date and they haven’t changed it on Amazon for a while. Looks like we should see it soon.

Less than a week now. Maybe we’ll actually get to read this thing.

Looks like we jinxed it. Amazon updated to a release date of April 3, 2018.

I saw that too. Money on the date changing on April 2nd.

Ha, we can’t take a trick. I won’t believe it when I actually have this book in my hands.

This is probably as official as it’s going to get from Dynamite

It’s now saying April 24th on Amazon. Is what it is.image

1 Like

Frankly, if there’s a shipping date from the printer, even if that is postponed then, it should mean at least that the work in general is fit to publish. It’s probably about the printing run, maybe there haven’t been that many preorders via online shops. This is a product for a special target readership and limited appeal for the wider market, so there’s that to consider.

Supposedly the book is out today. I’ll have a look at my local comic book shop to see if they got any in. Still waiting on that Amazon order though…

Personally, I don’t need anymore clutter on my bookshelf. I’m content with my e-book version.