Full Bond films on Youtube

Apologies if this is old news, but many of the earlier Bond films seem to be on Youtube now in their entirety (albeit with commercial interruptions) as part of the “Youtube Movies” channel. Looks like you can get as far as TWINE before it starts costing anything, at least for now and here in the States.

Between this and Pluto, the earlier films are almost starting to see ubiquitous these days, which is funny considering what a major deal it used to be for me as a kid whenever one of them finally showed up on the ABC network after (to me) interminable waits.

3 Likes

I have a wonderful still of an ABC promo for DAF.

1 Like

That was the one that broke my heart. After a months-long wait to check another Bond film off my “seen it” list, DAF was scheduled for the upcoming Sunday and that Saturday I got into a public fight – I mean blows were exchanged – with my brother at a bowling alley. Not only was that very atypical for us, but it was unheard of in a public setting, and my parents were mortified. Punishment? No DAF.

Years later I actually had a chance to see in in the cinema – this was around 1980 and I lived in the middle of nowhere, so it was the rarest of rare opportunities. But I ended up missing that, too.

Then the biggest disappointment of all: after all those years of building it up in my imagination as the somehow perfect Bond film, “the one that got away,” I finally saw it. LOL

2 Likes

Each viewing enhances DAF for me, I really like the dialogue and the meandering pace of the film. Best Felix, great score, doesn’t outstay it’s welcome. All in all , great company.

3 Likes

I know what you mean. In a weird way, having the films so readily available feels almost…wrong. They were so larger than life, mythic and special events as a kid, and now commonplace, sitting right there on YouTube. But, I still think it’s a good thing. Get the product out there any way you can. Much preferable to hiding it, and fading away like a forgotten relic.

1 Like

Such a cheering thing to read on a rainy Friday in New York City.

You must stop. To have a second member of the Norman-is-Best-Felix Club may be too much.

3 Likes

3 Likes