James Bond films on UHD Blu Ray late summer 2019?

Might as well keep the discussion going in the other thread, I say…

Apologies–I did not realize the news should go in the Collecting category

The 4 film Craig UHd set is coming in October. Some retailers have preorder links up but no details have been announced.

I’d prefer the other films but I went UHd this summer. I’ll try and support as the set will be around $40 or $50

I’m guessing more sets next year? Physical formats are having an hard time these days but bond usually sells…

Mod note: topics merged

1 Like

I went ahead and ordered the set. Amazon pre order is up.

I’d rather have any of the other films as these are my least watched ones…

However I want to be supportive of 007 films on UHd too.

It is interesting that they are including high dynamic range (hdr) on the discs. The current 4k iTunes versions do not have hdr!

HDR is the jewel in hi res crown - makes a huge difference. I love it!

The official word has come down…with CR06 being represented by an unrated extended version.

2 Likes

Is this unrated extended version something some regions have already seen, or material never previously in any cut?

It’s the rumoured alt ending of QoS that I’d most like to see. In fact anything extra on that movie would be fascinating - including a doc on what they wanted to, but could do due to the strike and who ended up contributing what to the end product.

I don’t own a 4K player, but I’d buy one for a QoS special edition.

I suspect it’s the one that’s on blu-Ray already on the box set, which is rated 15 in the UK, that has a tiny bit more in the torture scene.

If it’s properly extended that might be the one reason I’d get this, but I don’t think it is.

1 Like

I don’t remember the version of CR I saw in cinemas, but when I saw it in concert in Sydney, there were definitely cuts at the beginning of some scenes, like it just skipped them getting out a car or something, which I thought was really weird, but the violence was all there.

The Australian TV networks have been in trouble for dividing movies into two parts. CR was one of them and has been aired as PG / M with a brief credit scene in the middle splitting the two ratings.

I will be interested to see if there are any differences in the extended cut of CR.

Do you have it on regular Blu-ray as well? If so, please, let us know if it’s worth buying when compared.

1 Like

I’m surprised that they are not already on Blu-ray in UHD. iTunes has had all the EON-produced James Bond movies in 4K for well over a year now.

Probably thought hard copies would sell better near a new film coming out.

1 Like