Kingsman 3/The Kings Man

Wankers :beers:

1 Like

The finest.

1 Like

I recommend keeping the change then create a new thread post Feb '20. Concur, gentlemen?

I vote just renaming it “Kingsman 3/The Kings Man Thread” to keep things simple but whatever works for you, my friend…

1 Like

Done and done!!!

1 Like

The King’s Man gets it’s first trailer. Many a rumoured future Bond in this film. The trailer, though, focuses heavily on Ralph Fiennes character, very much emphasising him as Colin Firth’s WW1 counterpart.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah!!!

I was surprised when I read Ralph Fiennes signed up for this, being so closely compared to the Bond series. Seeing this confirms my concerns. That said, I love being proven wrong when a film ends up being good and my concerns negated.

He was Steed in The Avengers movie and was in all 3 parts of The Worricker Trilogy, not to mention the much more serious The Constant Gardener. I think that espionage boat has well and truly sailed.

Oh I get it, and agree with you 100%. I just look at Fiennes in this and see M. Just a reflex from all the Bond 25 stuff, I suppose. Believe me, I look forward to this film - a lot!

1 Like

So do I. I think it’s just a side effect of being a Bond fan, Bernard Lee is a journalist in The Third Man, but everytime I see that bit, I’m just thinking “hey, look, its M! What does MI6 have to do with this?”

3 Likes

Wow! Look quite intriguing. And definitely more serious than I was expecting.

That looks incredible.

Poster…

2 Likes

I do like Vaughn’s more minimalist posters. They make for very good wall art.

1 Like

Genuine question. Is this film supposed to be a comedy? It seems very different to the other two movies, based on that trailer anyway.

1 Like

I believe I read where this one was more on the straight side from the other two, yet would contain many of the elements we all enjoyed. So I imagine it will be less comedy, but not without.

2 Likes

When Vaughn was doing press rounds for Rocketman, he said this film would indeed be more serious and ‘epic’.

1 Like

Empire breaking down the trailer with Matthew Vaughn. Thought this tidbit was interesting;

“He would have made a great Bond 15-20 years ago, which is one of the reasons I cast him,” he adds. “Colin would have made a great Bond, too.”

1 Like