Kingsman - The Golden Circle

Place holder for future discussions on Kingsman, Atomic Blonde, etc.

Ah - you beat me to it, Navy!

No worries, Dustin!!!

Carried over from the old forum is the ā€œSouthern Charmā€ Kingsman TV spot:

Must be awkward dinner conversation, ā€œSo where did you meet my daughter?ā€

So rather than a category with separate topics for each film, all of it will be here?

Thatā€™s currently the case.

Mod note: on sober reflection we decided we need a whole subcategory for all the other Bond-related/inspired films and series. We reopened the old Spies, Spoofs & Spinoffs category and assigned this thread to KINGSMAN - THE GOLDEN CIRCLE.

1 Like

Fun new marketing video for Kingsman: The Golden Circle:

New TV spot (with Lancelot!!!):

Another trailer, mostly footage we have already seen.

Iā€™m wondering if theyā€™re actually going to release any new material today, to tie in with the eclipse.

I watched the first Kingsman movie this past weekend again. I genuinely canā€™t wait for the sequel! It looks just as fun as the first one.

Since this thread is here I have a question;
The Kingsmen agents are code-named for Knights of the Round Table because they represent modern day knights protecting their realm. In the sequel weā€™re introduced to the Statesmen, their American counterpart, who are code-named for alcoholic beverages becauseā€¦

ā€¦ I donā€™t get it? Wouldnā€™t something like Founding Fathers or pioneers make more sense?

Presumably the reason for the naming will be explained in the film, as they donā€™t exist in the comics that these films are sort of based on - though the truth is more the comics and the films are based on the same pub conversation that Vaughn and Miller had whilst making Kick-Ass.

I think it might have to do with the Statesmenā€™s cover as a brewery. Also, if I recall, Kingsman wasnā€™t formed until after WWI, so if the Statesmen were formed around the same time, it would have been right before/at the start of Prohibition. So perhaps they were named as such since alcohol was something that was underground and desired.

Thatā€™s an intriguing though, I can kind of see the logic behind that.

Presumably the reason for the naming will be explained in the film

One would hope.

I am actually excited for the movie! I thought the first film would be crap seeing the trailer but it was surprisingly good with the action scenes. Expecting same from the second movie.

New character posters:

ETA a better link.

Iā€™m glad that Lancelot has got a poster. We havenā€™t seen much of her in advertising so Iā€™m worried that she wonā€™t be in the film much. Then again, she wasnā€™t in much of the advertising for the first film that I recall, so maybe itā€™s down to the marketing department not promoting her much.

If Snoop Dogg says so, well. . .

With the film coming out next week, weā€™re getting a few new looks at the film.

In other news, I managed to score tickets to a early screening on Monday, so Iā€™ll give you a spoiler-free review here.

1 Like