"Maybe no one will notice..."

Maybe no one will notice that, in A View to a Kill, after Bond falls onto the wedding cake and he gets up there is miraculously no frosting on his jacket.

1 Like

I have an envelope with that designation on it, from when I joined the Naval Reserve.

1 Like

You joined the Naval Reserve to get that envelope? That’s going the extra mile of fandom, respect.

4 Likes

Not quite cause & effect, but I was delighted to have it. If I had been one place closer to the front of the line getting my ID card, the last three numbers on mine wouldn’t be 008.

2 Likes

Maybe no one will notice that beer bottles that are brought to Bond and Pam in the bar are very clearly empty. They fall over after Bond knocks out the goon with Dario and we can clearly see that no beer is spilt. Then when the shot shifts to the other side of the table, it is dry and the beer bottles are standing up again.

3 Likes

Maybe no one will notice that Pam gives Bond a tiny Beretta and then pulls another out of her handbag, a clear reference to a certain former gun Bond was reluctantly forced to give up.

Maybe no one will notice that no one calls Javier Bardem’s character by name until he’s captured, when M addresses him as ‘Mr. Silva’, then tells Bond as they leave the room that his real name is Tiego Rodriguez. Does this mean that M already knew he was alive and ‘well’ and knew his alias? If so, she must have been expecting his retribution for some time.

1 Like

I always thought Silva was a cover name. In the way that QoS made Mathis a cover name.

That scene with “is Mathis your cover name?” has always confused me. At first I thought Bond was berating Mathis for using his real name on the current rogue mission, because I couldn’t fathom why Mathis would not have been the character’s real name the entire time. Now I’m not sure what to think.

1 Like

That whole scene was awkward. The dialogue was very weird and the acting wooden. I think it would have been better had there been no dialogue.

1 Like

Maybe no one will notice that, in LTK, Sentinel’s periscope is already cracked when it pull away from the seaplane, then it’s intact just before Bond smashes it with his knife. They must have hoped that no one would notice, while filming pickup shots out of sequence.

1 Like

Maybe no one will notice (and I certainly didn’t until recently) that the exact same line of dialogue, “Total loss of power on all sonar sets…” which was first used in TSWLM when one of the subs is captured by Stromberg, is re-used in Tomorrow Never Dies when the HMS Devonshire is attacked. It sounded like the exact same sound clip when I recently watched both films.

3 Likes

(Just spotted in a fb forum and checked it myself…)

Maybe no one will notice that during the rock climbing scene on FYEO, when the guard patrolling the cliffs edge gets stabbed by Bond and falls, there’s a glimpse of the studio roof while filming indoors.

10 Likes

Wow. I’ll never not see this now.

1 Like

Maybe no one will notice that in TMWTGG, as Bond and Goodnight run up the stairs to fetch the solex agitator in Scaramanga’s exploding HQ, Roger gets a face full of spray from the vat of “liquid helium” and keeps going like a trooper, his face white with foam.

2 Likes

Thankfully he was facing away from the camera when it happened.

3 Likes

Just goes to show you: Sir Roger’s Bond is cooler than Kelvin!

3 Likes

You caught an earlier one than I did! I didn’t notice until after he takes a second spray on the next landing, and gets it on his nose (and trousers).

His dialog (“We’ve got about five minutes before his body temperature raises the liquid helium above zero, then this whole place is going to go sky high!”) seems to have been added in post as Roger’s mouth never moves. Just as well unless he fancied the taste of shaving cream.

2 Likes

Maybe no one will notice that in TWINE when Bond gets into the Z8 during the fight at the caviar factory and docks, his front window is down. But then it’s up when we see him driving and aiming at the helicopter. The window is then down again when he gets out as the second helicopter begins cutting the car in half and is then up when we see the car from the front.

1 Like

Those saw blades were only intended to cut tree branches. Maybe no one will notice that they don’t even skip while biting into the Z8’s titanium skin and engine block.

4 Likes