New book about Goldfinger movie

I just saw this book on Amazon.co.uk:

Steffen Appel and Peter Waelty:
The Goldfinger Files: The Making of the Iconic Alpine Sequence in the James Bond Movie “Goldfinger”
Hardcover
released: 13 Aug. 2020

This could be interesting!

3 Likes

While the price seems a bit steep for a very specific book - focus on one particular sequence of one particular film - it could indeed be a gem for fans. The behind-the-scenes genre was much less streamlined back in the day and visitors on set used to learn a big deal more about the atmosphere than they tend to do now. Also, Erich Kocian, one of the contributors, used to be an authority on the classic films and even wrote his own book. This is certainly worth a look, even if it’s ‘just’ about that small part of the series.

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation. I have ordered one.

Thanks for raising my attention about this one. Seems to me it could be worthwhile and have quality content. Having a book focused on one specific sequence sets it apart from the other generic Bond movie books we usually receive.

Got this book as a present last weekend. Wow! It’s fantastic! A realy beautiful photobook, with a lot of unknown pictures. The reason there are so many pictures of this particular scene is because this was a press moment chosen by the film company.

I even learned something new, namely that Gert Frobe was not present during the filming of this scene. There was a stand-in for him and apparently some of his close ups were filmed in Pinewood.

I never was a big fan of Tania Mallet, I always thought the other Goldfinger actresses were much more beautiful and stronger women, but… seeing her now in all these fantastic pictures I immediately fell in love with her.

1 Like