News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

That kind of decision is pretty common - and it´s not unusual to adapt the part for the actor. In this case it might have been the question whether to turn the written character into another nationality, so it could be a bitter fit for the preferred actor.

So, probably nothing to do with a change of concept.

Thanks, should’ve read the article properly before posting.

@aus89 and @secretagentfan, I think we have crossed wires! As I said, I’m not assuming it will be called Shatterhand, nor be based upon YOLT. Just hypothesising while we await news; it’s not a ‘im right, you’re wrong’ thing, just fun speculation as is the point of a forum :slight_smile:

This time last year were you considered the frontrunner to direct the next Bond. Was there any truth to the rumours? Did you even meet with Eon?

It’s all wild speculation! Everyone is so obsessed with gossip and rumors. And that’s all it was, honestly. I was in post-production and if it had been more than just a rumor, I wasn’t the one in the know about it.

With Danny Boyle now having exited, you’re back among the favourites again. Is it difficult to keep away from the endless speculation?

Not really. I’ve been in Chicago, shooting nights in the woods and getting bitten to shit by mosquitoes, and the furthest thing from my mind is gossip about a job that I’ve not even heard about.

Fascinating

1 Like

At any rate it sounds like Demange isn’t currently much concerned about Bond. Perhaps also because he’s still in a production and Eon are looking for somebody willing to start last Monday…

he could also be playing the EON game and denying til they have something to say, something i’m sure EON would appreciate that more than having a public conversation about it - we’ve seen how it works out when actors say theyre going to be cast in Bond and it doesnt work out in the end because they talked too early

True. But in that case Demange is pulling off this “I couldn’t care less”-act pretty convincingly.

3 Likes

Just bring back Martin Campbell and move forward.

1 Like

Yep, sounds pretty definitive to, as in no contact with Eon.

1 Like

From this interview, it sounds like Seydoux wasn’t approached to return in Bond 25, which might mean Boyle wasn’t set to make much of a sequel to Spectre.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/lea-seydoux-wants-return-madeleine-swann-bond-25-thomas-vinterberg-wants-direct-exclusive-133914206.html

Vinterberg would be interesting. And finally he is someone who actually would WANT to do a Bond film!

2 Likes

Id be interested in that. Didn’t see it, but The Hunt had great reviews.

He could bring back Mikkelsen - we didn’t see LeChiffre die, so… :sunglasses:

1 Like

He has a more final end than most Bond villains in that we see him actually dead.

1 Like

Dogme meets 007. That could be interesting.

1 Like

Oh. Forgot about that.

Too late for Goldfinger´s twin brother to appear, too. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

But what a great way that would’ve been to end Craig’s arc - the return of Le Chiffre.

But would that mean that whilst Blofeld was really pulling Le Chiffre’s strings, Le Chiffre was pulling Blofeld’s?

It could all be revealed with bond crossing a corridor to the villains Lair lined with b/w posters of all the Craig villains ending with Blofeld. Bond opens the door to find Le Chiffre and a wicca chair with a hole cut out:

Le Chiffre: “Where were we?

:wink:

2 Likes

With Greene, Silva and Bloferhauser standing beside him - “James, we’ve been expecting you…”

2 Likes

At the end Bond wakes up and he’s still strapped to the chair - he never escaped and everything after the torture scene in CR was Bond trying to block out the pain.

I know I’m not alone in the desire that Bond 25 will have no ties to the other Craig films, have an original villain, and a plot that perhaps draws aspects from one of the books.