News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

And he’s lying next to Suzanne Pleshette . . .

6 Likes

MajorB…BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well played… Still trying to get the last of my coffee drained out of my nose.

All played by Tom Hardy

In the words of Darth Vader: Noooooooooo!!!

Hayden Christensen is playing a younger Blofeld? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Shia LaBeouf

1 Like

Bryce_003: Then my job here is done. :laughing:

2 Likes

With Bart Layton rumoured to be on Eon’s latest director SOS list I watched his new movie American Animals.

It’s a very entertaining and smart movie, kind of taking the baton from Fightclub in terms of the social subtext and the way it plays with fact and fiction in its storytelling. I highly recommend it; not a Great movie, like Fightclub, but certainly a good one.

Coming from a documentary background Layton utilises real life contributor master interviews in the narrative masterfully and at moments suprisingly.

Also the commercial music used is very well picked. We don’t know if that’s really down to Bart, but he wouldve at least signed it off so he has good taste (at least imo).

As someone who’s worked on material very similar to Layton’s highly constrictive, format tv background it’s great to see him get (or no doubt create) the opportunity to show what he can really do.

Still don’t know if he’s up to, or indeed would want the mammoth task of steering the Bond juggernaut. But imo the interest in filmmakers of smaller story & character driven movies (rather than commercial, set piece driven) is very promising and a sign that B.B. wants to continue to make these productions less juggernaut and therefore less homogeneous and conveyor belt. Perhaps that gamble went awry with DAD, but credit to B.B. for persevering.

Note: posted in this thread as it pertains directly to Bond25, but pls feel free to move elsewhere,since it’s also a review :slight_smile:

Thanks for the review!

I wonder, however, whether Layton is rather a flavor of the month whose agents are seeking attention instead of someone really being considered.

I understand he has no experience in a high pressure big budget environment or worked in a high pressure and tight-money tv framework. So giving him BOND 25 would be a possible Gareth Edwards-situation for EON.

1 Like

So, Henry Cavill is free!

Not overly surprised.

1 Like

The headline exaggerates, but it seems like we won’t be seeing Cavill’s Superman again for a while.

One does wonder what on Earth is going on at WB’s DC offices.

It makes sense that they want to break with the Snyder-Films and JUSTICE LEAGUE and start fresh. A new Batman, a new Superman. Okay, the old Wonder Woman worked for them - so they are keeping her… at least for the sequel. If that doesn’t do well enough…

In any event, WB dropped the ball big time - and Cavill was a very good Superman.

But I sincerely hope that EON still has him on their mind for a future Bond reboot.

1 Like

I wonder if Rigue One might’ve been better if left to Edwards to finish! Most of it is great, but it fizzles out a little and Mendlesson (brilliant actor) is woefully underused.

2 Likes

Possibly the best bad news Cavils ever had. He’s gotten the exposure he’d have wanted from Supes, now it’s just tying him down.

I have to confess I didn’t much care for Cavill‘s Superman anyway, it seemed all very dour to me and they arrived far too soon at Superman‘s ‘death’. Same with Batman, after the first film I already had enough. Why didn’t they aim for a lighter tone, something closer to Magnum P.I.? These are guys spending considerable time in costumes - if you draw them too serious they deflate like a balloon.

For Cavill though it might be a chance…

3 Likes

Apparently Michael B Jordan is being considered for Supes. He’s a good actor - does a superb job in Creed and Black Panther. Interesting new dynamic with the ultimate American icon being representative of America’s darkest hour (slavery). Not that this was an exclusively American crime.

A black Superman - a terrific and interesting idea. Unfortunately hugely provocative in divisive times like these.

Will this get Middle America to embrace the DC films?

2 Likes

Been expecting this for a while when it was announced that Tyler Hoechlin was returning as TV Superman for a sizeable role in the crossover, followed by Cavill being announced as lead in The Witcher on Netflix. Seems like WB are waving the white flag on making its own MCU, keeping Wonder Woman and Aqua Man in a fashion that moves them away from “shared continuity”.

Tbh, I did actually prefer that kid from Road to Perdition (as he’ll be better known round here) as Superman, so I’m kinda happy about this.

I have to confess that I feel like a hypocrite. I think Jordan as superman would be good, yet I’m not keen on a black bond!

Hard to defend, really! My only defence is that it’s about the actor - I can see Jordan making a good superman, but none of the black actors mentioned for Bond are up to it. But in truth Elba (though now too old) could’ve probably been good, so I guess there is indeed a need in me to keep bond white and male - no doubt so that I can relate to the character and relate the character as directly as possible to Feming’s.

Be interesting to see if the hardcore Supes fans react with equal horror as myself when faced with a fundermental shift in a beloved character. I hope I don’t judge them, or if I do that I can turn that spotlight on myself.

1 Like