News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

No question, if they don’t have Blofeld in 25, then completely reboot him for Bond 7. Although i hope they then mould an incarnation they can keep, since i don’t want a return to the inconsistent 60s in which they re-cast and virtually rebooted with every movie.

1 Like

Considering how much they botched Blofeld in Spectre, and not to mention pretty much everything else in that film as well, I’d write the whole thing off as a lost cause and give Bond #7 the chance to face down the “real” Blofeld.

Given that we’re not going to see Bond 25 until at least 2020 now, it’s time to just scrap the whole thing and begin the search for Bond #7.

1 Like

“Yeah yeah financially the second most successful in the series and positive reviews as well as several awards, but there are angry people on the internet so let’s burn down everything right down to the ground and rehire Sean Connery to make Shatterhand”

This conversation, wet dream though it is for some people, is NEVER going to happen as only people on forums and twitter are that fatalistic.

3 Likes

[quote=“Orion, post:3576, topic:33”]
"…rehire Sean Connery to make Shatterhand”
/quote]
As 'Shatterhand -now that would be something (except, who wants to see Craig stomp on a feeble old man?)

See my earlier comment about bringing Martin Campbell back

The problem with tradition is that sometimes people forget why we have them. The nemesis status has to be earned and so far this Blofeld has done nothing to earn it. Bringing back SPECTRE may have been unavoidable but a little patience and not throwing them into the next thing would have helped matters immensely.

My other big issues with the situation is that they were well on their way to setting up an new and compelling nemesis for Bond; Mr White. I found him to be really intriguing character in CR and QoS and I remember much speculation about him and the nature of the Quantum organisation. But when the time came they’re just swept aside and it’s revealed that they were a part of SPECTRE all along and it ended up feeling a bit regressive.

4 Likes

This! I just hope they stick with Spectre for a few films now, but with various operatives as the big bad and let Bloceld return to being a shadowy presence… preferably just hands and cat! The main barrier to this I guess is the lengthy gaps between films: that approach would require a certain regularity of release that seems unlikely in the near future. :-/

Rather than Blofeld I think i’d prefer a different sort of nemesis. One that is Bond’s equal number in SMERSH or some such. A red grant/Trevelyan type, but one that comes back across multiple films.

‚News’ after a fashion. Did we hear about this already?

1 Like

Yes, we did. And if we go by actors public stating they had meetings with EON Layton already is out. :wink:

1 Like

I loved Mr. White, too. But one could argue that Blofeld was setup… um… retrospectively in SPECTRE.

Blofeld by the way is only a big cheese for us. The average moviegoer will hardly know nor remember or care.

In that regard, if BOND 25 does not pick up the Blofeld storyline, it will matter to us - and nobody else.

Well, typos and grammar aside, it must have been very hurriedly popped out.

Brilliant.

Sky News have just revealed new director. Cary Joni Fukunaga!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Wow! unexpected to say the least

Really pleased for once! I thought True Detective was excellent.

3 Likes

Very unexpected choice, but a stylish and smart director from what I’ve seen.

The TRUE DETECTIVE six-minute shootout tracking shot immediately comes to mind.

2 Likes

Onward!

Wow, unexpected! This makes the first American to direct an EON Bond, if I’m not mistaken?

“We are delighted to be working with Cary. His versatility and innovation make him an excellent choice for our next James Bond adventure,” said Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli in a tweet.

In other words, he’ll work under pressure… I wonder how much of Boyle & Hodges’ idea will remain?

Oh my…!

Hats off to Eon, or whomever convinced him, this really is a tremendous coup; down and out in the final round and B.B. delivers a last gasp knock out blow.

True Detective was a fantastic show - tonally and dramatically perfect.

Have I got this wrong or did he walk from the recent IT movie? If so then he’s a brave choice, but it shows he’s definitely not a ‘gun for hire’ director and we’ll get something personal and unique.

I hope they push release back a little to allow him time to be a real part of the writing. But I doubt they will.

:+1:

EDIT: Ah, just seen that they have indeed pushed back release - feb 14 2020. Very pleased to here that - best to avoid another QoS half-script scenario if possible. Be interesting to see if it effects ticket sales.

:+1::+1: