News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Doesn’t the short story FYEO take place in Canada?

It’s a great location, and so great to hear this kind of shooting confirmation from a crewmember.

The majority of FYEO actually takes place in Vermont but Bond enters the country via Canada.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, thanks.

Brokenclaw starts in Canada.

Yikes.

3 Likes

Fleming’s TSWLM Chapter 11 Bedtime Story flashback occurs in Toronto Canada.

The film version’s opening ski chase was shot in Canada’s Baffin Island.

In Moonraker, the shuttle is hijacked over the Yukon.

I hope they will show lots of this beautiful country. However, they could probably have chosen it like many productions do: as a cheaper stand-in for the USA or other countries. (Toronto for New York, Vancouver for Seattle, any mountain for you know…)

1 Like

Although there a few oriental gardens on the west coast, there are no Japanese castles of note, I’m happy to report.

Don’t disagree that most of it is in Vermont but I got goosebumps reading it when he comes to Ottawa (my hometown). Would love to see it happen in the films.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/andrew-king-for-our-eyes-only-tracking-bond-in-ottawa

2 Likes

Pinewood Toronto Studios: just this week, interesting https://www.pinewoodgroup.com/pinewood-today/news/pinewood-toronto-studios-breaks-ground-on-200-000-square-foot-expansion

3 Likes

Interesting, although he does refer to Ian as Sir Ian in one of the photo captions…

Shooting in Canada? Perhaps he means Canada, Kentucky? Or Canada, Kansas? Or, Canada Bay, New South Wales, Australia? Or Canada settlement in Wellow, Hampshire, England? Or Canada Park, Israel? Or Canada Glacier in the Victoria Land-Ross Dependency (Australia), Antarctica? :wink:

That’s not all. According to the article FYEO is a novel, novels can contain short stories, and this particular novel is mostly set in Ottawa. And the 1981 film has “little reference to the original story.”

Must be.

You either missed or didn’t comprehend my :wink: icon.

Breaking ground, not opening.

Will this expansion be up and running in time for B25?

I know little about construction but would anybody seriously contemplate building a massive expansion during a Canadian winter?

Well?

Let’s look to the past. A 27 September 2012 ground breaking ceremony at Pinewood Toronto to build a smaller expansion than what is now currently proposed was initially scheduled to finish in Q3 of 2013 and apparently did not officially open until either late 2013 or early 2014.

Anybody with specialized knowledge about these matters please chime in.

Filming in Canada? Possible Icebreaker adaptation in the works? You would need to modernize the Soviets plot, and I would swap the main villain with Blofeld. It seems like a plot for him and SPECTRE anyway.

No substantial news since the Annapurna bombshell two weeks ago, leaving the Canada snippet aside…

Under the given circumstances that should qualify as good news. Real money trouble tends to spin out of control within days - sometimes hours - and the Fukunaga takeover also seems to go fairly noiseless. The conclusion would be that Eon got its usual tight grip on the production again. And that Annapurna’s fate may either not be serious, or of no importance for BOND 25.

1 Like

I hope we will get at least some casting news until the end of the year.

But with a starting date for principal photography in March we might rather get those news in late January or February.

2 Likes

Yes I am hoping to hear some news before Christmas. But I guess we’d have to wait until March for the title, for example.

2 Likes

Do yerselves a favour: don’t hold out for Shatterhand. That way, whichever way it goes, you won’t be disappointed.

2 Likes

I never do.

But what of The Castle of Death? Can we hold out on that one? :grimacing: