News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

And that’s saying something.

The same source as the huge gaps…I’m getting why he got forced out.

For some reason this made me think of MGM and Bond!

1 Like

More like this…

Another one to be taken with a pinch of salt (particularly given the source)

I often wonder how people like this end up in senior positions.

1 Like

That‘s how.

A real tree hugger" haahaha

It would make for an ethereal car chase… Perhaps they would have a birdsong soundtrack.

1 Like

If only it were the exception rather than the rule.

2 Likes

I’m still wondering when/if we’ll get a press conference prior to the start of filming.

Would suggest a smaller role for M

Not unlike Spectre’s car chase despite the horsepower involved. Yeah I’d write this one off as a BS rumor. What they should do and what I hope they do is present him with a finished version of the DB10. They need to make him vulnerable in it, though, as the bullets bouncing off the car at the start of the Rome chase immediately reduced the tension in the scene.

What makes you think it’s a BS rumor? Okay, the source posted here is not among the most reliable ones, but the story itself is absolutely credible. Aston has it, they want to promote it and electric cars are the thing at the moment. Everyone’s inner Jeremy Clarkson says “No”, but logic says “Yes”. Five minutes into the future…

Wanting a finished version of the DB10 (who already has bulletproof windows and lots of gadgets), yet making him more vulnerable in it is a bit contradictive in itself, no?

4 Likes

Just throwing some stuff at the wall and waiting to see where it all lands mate. Do I personally think the electric Aston is very pretty and would be cool? Absolutely. But I also think if you set up a prototype supercar that doesn’t operate at its full potential that it’d be cool to see a finished, refined model. And as for vulnerability I don’t know, maybe the roof and part of the windscreen gets torn off but the gadgets still work. As always, just indulging in some fun speculation.

1 Like

While an electric Aston is very good and admirable - and it might be seen to have some eco-friendly cache - I sincerely doubt the reason is to make 007 more eco friendly, the reason is its AM’s new car they want to promote in a 007 movie - not a bad way to overcome skepticism led by Clarkson style edgelord OMJW agenda

Could even be part of a joke of some kind - Q gives Bond the car (listing its green credentials) and Bond wonders if the battery will remain charged long enough while he’s out in the field. Bond doesn’t have to be completely on board with the idea. Could be fun.

Being very quiet, an electric Aston could be seen as a real world version of DADs invisible Aston with the ability to sneak around with little more than a soft buzz.

Also there was talk quite a while ago of using Tesla as inspiration for a Bond villain. Might that have been realised in some way with this electric Aston Martin rumour?

Sounds great. And really, why not? Bond becoming a trendsetter by using a cutting edge tech car - I love it!

To badmouth this as “PC” is exactly what’s wrong in our world today.

10 Likes

Indeed!

I hate PC as much (probably more) than the next MAN:wink:

An electric car isn’t PC, it’s ‘high-tech’.