News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

CDB01427-6669-4BC9-AED4-391A85B6AFCF

1 Like

If it is true that MGM’s struggles are the reason for these constant gaps between films, and Bond is their only hit, the only thing Eon can do is hold off another film until MGM are forced to sell.

This has been mentioned several times by others.

I wonder, though: is it viable?

Would Eon even want to postpone another film for maybe ten years?

It may be worth it in the long run, but maybe filmmaking is about now, not later.

Would not work businesswise - nor help the franchise. Or us.

BOND 25: NOLAN, RISES http://bit.ly/2BtdgnS

TWO new and solid sources (from US and UK) puts Nolan on the front… We could expect something official around January or February.

I do love the Nolans’ work (both Chris and Jonathan) but I don’t see him wanting to do Craig’s finale, as he (or indeed any director who takes it on) is confined in the perimeters of what came before with Craig - though, thinking aloud here, Nolan has more room than most given how the Craig era is (acknowledgedly) based on the approach Nolan took with Batman (looking for a better term than “relatably stylised”) - still as close to fantasy as it was before, but done in a way that could pass for realistic (until you look closer) and a heavier emphasis on emotional arcs and subtextual story telling.

If that is true I´d rather have him to do the last CraigBond than reinventing Bond with the next actor and putting the same stamp of humour-deprived darkness on him.

EON, in any event, will love the media-frenzy and getting another a-list (and with DUNKIRK possibly Oscar-nominated) director for Bond.

Don’t agree that all his work is “humor deprived” but I get your point, better he do the film in an era that already has his influence than give the same style and tone to a new one. My issues with TLD have always been the Moore hangovers, so I’d agree each actors tensure should be it’s own thing.

Seems plausible, logical and in my case desirable.

It makes sense considering the logical next step in the current narrative would be OHMSS’ end scene as the pre-titles: Starting the movie with Bond’s marriage to Swann and going into the title song off of Swann’s assassination by Bunt). The body of the film thereafter being an adaptation of YOLT (far more faithful than Dahl’s; following CR’s approach).

Since Nolan has stated that OHMSS is his favourite Bond movie this speculation makes a great deal of sense.

It’s nothing new; i, and others here have long speculated that this might happen. But perhaps there’s room for a curve ball. Nolan obviously has a good relationship with Tom Hardy and some (including me) imagine that Nolan would want to cast Hardy as his Bond if he were steering the soft reboot in B26, after Craig.

However, Hardy may be a little too old by then. So what if Nolan casts Hardy as Blofeld in B25? They’d get to work together for as many Bond movies as they both wanted, as age wouldn’t be a concern for that character.

A shame, as i’d like to see Hardy’s Bond, but it maybe a convenient compromise for them both. And i’m sure Hardy’s Blofeld would be pretty terrifying.

For the story they were doing in SPECTRE, Hardy would’ve made more sense (and I quite like addition of another Layer Cake alum) but durastic change in actor would be jarring. Rather Hardy play an original villain.

Well, he’s versatile, so maybe Bunt ?! :wink:

There’s an image I won’t be able to get out of my head.

1 Like

Nolan would be thrilled if this ends up happening. He loves Bond. It’d be a dream project for him.

I sincerely hope that this isn’t the case. I should expect it to happen, though, as they’ve already sent the Craig era into a tailspin following its very promising start with CR and QOS. We’ve already had one of the most overrated films in recent memory come from the Nolan school of filmmaking in SF, which was as much a Bond film as it was a fan tribute to Nolan, so we might as well cap off the Craig era with one of the most overrated directors of our time putting his own stamp on things.

I’ll be skipping this if it does happen, though. Sat through enough Nolan-Bond with SF and SP. No desire to see any more of it, I must say.

Well, at least a Nolan-Bond film would be shot on film.

Yes, with mostly Bond regulars in the crew.

I know he’s not to everyone’s tastes, but I’d be excited to hear a Hans Zimmer Bond soundtrack. He’s one of my favourite composers and a Nolan regular. There’s a good chance he’d get the gig.

Yep, Zimmer’s another exciting prospect!

As for Nolan, which source is more reliable?

Somehow I still hope that Villeneuve is going to direct Bond 25…

I could have written this myself, Dalton. Agree on every point.

I dearly hope neither Nolan or Hardy go anywhere near Bond. If they do, I will gladly miss it.