News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Baz to the rescue.

I hope.

I still wish theyā€™d cast Sir Kenneth one of these timesā€¦

Branagh would be great as a Bond director.

1 Like

It baffles me that he hasnā€™t been a part of anything Bond yet! He seems a natural fit to me. Whether it be directing or starring, Iā€™d be elated for either.

I continue to hold out hope!

Iā€™ve always thought Branagh was a better actor than director.

A FAR better actor than director.

Canā€™t get on board with the idea of Branagh doing a Bond film. That Jack Ryan film was simply horrendous.

1 Like

And insanely forgettable.

Iā€™m very much a fan of Branagh, on both sides of the camera, while I agree that his work on Jack Ryan wasnā€™t good, I very much like his recent work on Thor, Cinderella, and Murder On the Orient Express. Iā€™d be on board for him to helm a Bond film but I think heā€™s already booked passage for Death on the Nile.

I actually liked his JACK RYAN film.

Oops.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/james-bond/53842/james-bond-hugh-jackman-turned-down-chance-of-the-007-role

Now, he previously denied being considered - so take this with a grain of salt. Probably just a good quote for him to draw attention to his new film.

This Hollywood Reporter article on Warner Bros 2019 slate says Warnerā€™s is the current front runner for the Bond film rightsā€¦

Coming Soon says ā€œAnother potential big get for the studio is international distribution for the next James Bond film, the details for which are still being worked out.ā€

Which would point into NolanĀ“s direction, tooā€¦

WB would want Nolan - in fact theyā€™ve demonstrated that theyā€™re willing to spend HUGE amounts to keep Nolan at WB (see background of Interstellar)

And after the JUSTICE LEAGUE debacle they would love to get a working franchise.

Nolan loves OHMSS, which means heā€™s speaking my language when it comes to taste in Bond films.

One surely hopes so :wink:

Yes, my language too. And he has yet to make a film I dislike.

Iā€™m just worried that with Nolan, the movie would open with Bond killing the villain and the gunbarrel would be in the middle of the movie :wink:

LOL.

Yes, Iā€™m not sure about Nolan.

He would try to make the best Bond movie of all time. But what if he succeeds? Where does the franchise go after ā€œThe Best Bond Movie Everā€. Itā€™s interesting to think about what we actually want from each new 007 flick

Do we want an amazing hard-to-top classic? Or would we rather a solid adventure every 3 years?

A solid adventure every two years.

Like the Glen era.