News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

That’s interesting. For me, the allure of Superman lies in all those elements which in the last two decades are often considered bland.

I like that Superman is not about darkness or bitterness but goodness and hope. I enjoy that his abilities are removed from any human being, while he still tries to fit in and has developed a persona which is the opposite of his otherwordlly powers in Clark Kent.

He truly is the hero. No shades of grey. No cynicism. No irony. It says a lot about current times when people snicker about his “boyscout”-behaviour.

Trying to steer this back to “News on Bond 25”: I think Cavill has the quality Reeve also had - showing a pureness, a good-naturedness in his appearance.

Is this something Bond needs? I would argue: yes! Every Bond actor had it to some degree, and I believe MovieBond at least has to signal to the audience that he is not malicious, not constantly in self-doubt or wrestling with demons. He has decided he wants to save people from evil. He’s reliable. He has no superpowers, of course, but in that way he is, IMO, like Superman.

2 Likes