News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Superman’s an alien. He’s about otherness - how we treat it and how it treats us in return.

I think WB and Snyder had a genuine shot at trying to tell that story in MOS. My hats off to them for that. It’s just a pity that everything that followed was utter rubbish.

I don’t care for snyders overuse of slo mo, but his gritty, kinetics and sound design is effective. Sadly he all too often gets bogged down in this trying to amp up the drama where there would already be enough drama; the result is dire melodrama.

Consequently his stories and characters are lost and things very quickly congeal into a thick soup of boring scenes that shout the broadest, most homogenous cliches at the audience hoping that volume will compensate for a lack of content.

He needs time off and to start fresh because there really was something engaging about his Dawn Of The Dead remake long ago.

A pity Tim Burtons Superman Lives movie was never shot, since this apparently focused upon the alien aspect. Then again it would probably just be Edward Scissorhands with a cape.