News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

No, I get what you mean. Though I don’t remember a literary Franz Oberhauser, only Hannes.

Hannes was the father wasn’t he?

You are probably right. Been decades since I read FYEO :wink:

You mean Octopussy, don’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

In the film, yes. In the literary canon Oberhauser was Bond’s skiing and climbing teacher and a father figure, so far SPECTRE is indeed faithful to Fleming.

By the way, there is an entry for Oberhauser in some fan-wikia. It claims Oberhauser had been in the Gestapo during WW II. That’s rubbish, Octopussy nowhere gives any hints Oberhauser would have been a Nazi officer.

I’m in 100 degree heat, waxing my car, and drinking right now - if I say it’s FYEO it’s FYEO damnit!

2 Likes

96 in New Orleans.

1 Like

That could have worked. Anything to inject some sense of drama and dread into the proceedings would have been welcome.

I think the original premise could have worked as well, had they kept it in the film, where the shark was controlled by a voodoo curse. Outlandish, yes, but it puts the Brodys and the shark on equal footing as both being victims of a separate force pitting them against each other. Something interesting could have been done with that concept as well, even if it would have been completely outrageous.

1 Like

How much will be left over for the rest of the movie?

2 Likes

Here’s a plot for the next film:

Blofeld (Craig) holds Eon to ransom, demanding fifty million pounds or he won’t do the next picture. MGM/Universal send the new 007 (James Norton or whoever) to upstage him, saving the franchise at a fraction of the cost…until Bond 30, that is.

1 Like

I saw Liam Neeson in The Commuter last night, and the whole film was apparently made for thirty million pounds.

Well, Craig did say he would only do another for the money…

Not much.

Hopefully this story isn’t true. BOND 25 needs to have a scaled back budget after SPECTRE. Nearly impossible to happen if Craig himself is making $66.5 million before any other dollars are put towards the production.

Let’s not forget though that a huge chunk of the payday comes through endorsements and a percentage of the profit and isn’t a part of the production budget…

I’m half expecting them to keep Franz in jail, and move ahead with a new villain, who perhaps is connected to SPECTRE. I think they’ll reference Bond 24 in some way. They kind of have to.

1. Daily Mail - definitely bull

2. Didn’t Variety cite half that amount a few weeks ago?

He did say he wanted to go out on a high…

2 Likes

Ooo, actual news and not tabloid trash! Here’s hoping this is the first of many tidbits (further crew confirmations)

1 Like

I’m eager to see which locations they chose this time. Jamaica or somewhere similar would be nice.