News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

And on “News on BOND 25”…

1 Like

I like it.

Better than “Who do you want for Bond # composer?” type recycled question…

1 Like

My insider at pinewood has Bond 25 news!

The villain is called Cronos; Bond has to stop him detonating EMPs placed across the planet in a bid to blackmail the superpowers into ending Decades precisely where he wants.

Bond has 24hrs until he detonates the EMPs and resets all clocks.

The PTS is a taught scene in Ms office in which M and Bond argue over when exactly the EMPs detonate; at 24hrs, or at 24hrs and 1 second…!

5 Likes

What a timely plot.

2 Likes

Oh what a time to be alive!

1 Like

…if you don’t like seeing the same sort of topics come up, are you sure a fan forum for a 50 year old film series is where you want to be?

2 Likes

M: 007, if you can count up to 10…
Bond: What do you mean “if”?
M: Well, you look a bit thick. Count up to 10 and then we’ll escape the bomb or whatever thingy which is about to go off.
Bond: Does that include 10?
M: Yer what?
Bond: The counting up to 10. Does that include 10?
M: Of course it does.
Bond: Does it though? Does “up to” include the thing itself? When you walk up to someone, you don’t then actually get inside them.
M: Well, you bloody do. Frequently.
Bond:… or if you were to asked to describe the events leading up to, say, Brexit, it wouldn’t actually include Brexit itself, as that isn’t an event leading up to… itself.

BOOM

M: I wasted time; now time doth waste me.
Bond: This role’s really beneath you, isn’t it?

Yes, please, let’s debate this till the year 2100, or the start of the 22nd century, whichever comes first.

Either would precede the release of Bond 25, at this rate.

4 Likes

An excerpt of a larger conversation, I hope?

:clap: :clap: …and :clap:

Okay, I’ve learned my lesson. From now on I’ll do what all highly intelligent people apparently do when asked to count to twenty.
First, I’ll count the '‘oughts’:
Zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine.
Then I’ll count the ‘teens’:
Ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen.

Only once I’ve pronounced the third ‘n’ in nineteen have I completed my count of twenty. To add another ten I’ll count from twenty to twenty-nine. Makes perfect sense.

BTW, thank you, Jim, for providing us with that leaked dialogue. Why aren’t you writing for the series (or are you)?

1 Like

Jeffrey Wright wants to play Felix Leiter one more time. I would love to see him show up in Bond 25.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/09/28/jeffrey-wright-talks-hold-the-dark-loving-the-cold-and-felix-leiters-future

“I was, like so many of us growing up, a huge James Bond fan,” he acknowledges. “But I was particularly a Felix Leiter fan, because my first experience with Felix was Jack Lord [in Dr. No], and I thought Jack Lord was one of the coolest customers outside of Muhammad Ali and Miles Davis. Back then, Jack Lord was a bad-ass! I would love to revisit Felix once more, and lay him, for me, to bed.”

Now that Cary Joji Fukunaga has been confirmed as director of the 25th 007 film, is that desire close to becoming a reality? “They like to keep these things close to the vest,” Wright replies. “I’m really pleased to see that it’s back on track, and [smiles] they’re aware of the secret, confidential phone line that’s required to reach Felix. So they may or may not have used that to this point, and we’ll see what happens going forward.”

8 Likes

When I agreed to become a moderator in 2003, I was assured by the Admiral that there would be no math required.

7 Likes

Unless you think you turned 37 on your 36th birthday, I really don’t get how this is difficult.

If we’re bending the rules can i turn 21 on my 48th please?

2 Likes

As a matter of fact, my experience moving West was just like John Denver’s:

“He was born in the summer of his twenty-seventh year, coming home to a place he’d never been before…”

The June I turned twenty-six was the start of the summer of my twenty-seventh year.

Any arguments?

If not, let’s get back to speculation over real Bond 25 news, or rumours.

2 Likes

So you do get that the number is the full year, not the number of the year you’re on. Thus Craig will have been Bond in 3 decades (for those who remember how this discussion started), as zero is considered as the start in regards to years.

And yes. It is a slow news day in regards to Bond.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. It’s good to know Wright is still enthusiastic, it’d be great to see him return and take the record for most appearances as Felix.

5 Likes

(sigh)

You don’t get it. You don’t want to get it. You’re not being asked to count twenty random numbers, you’re being asked to count positive integers. So you start on one. But when people do a countdown they always finish on zero, not one.

The “oughts” have nine positive integers. The “teens”, “twenties”, etc. have ten numbers. The irregularity shouldn’t bother anyone.

I probably shouldn’t ask this, but I will: When you learned about the “ones”, “tens” and “hundreds” column in math class all those decades ago, did you put up your hand and say, “Miss, ten isn’t the first number in the tens column, it’s the last number in the ones column. Eleven is the first number in the tens column!”

And for the record, computer programmers do count from “0”.

Yes, it was the start of your 27th year, but not the start of the summer that year.

Oof!

Somebody just threw a brick my way.

My math may be wrong here. We may need to eliminate five or so years. No matter, the historical calendar is a mess.

Baz Bamigboye drops in a mention that Ralph Fiennes is “expected” to be back for Bond 25:

That’s all there is to it,

Fiennes is expected to be in that film, too.

4 Likes

Slow week evidently

1 Like