News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

The film business is somewhere between a confidence trick and religion; they need to engender great faith and confidence to secure financial investment and to get bums on seats. Half monk, half hitman :wink:

You could say that about anything product, I guess, but with movies themselves being a lie of sorts thereā€™s an irony lurking somewhere.

2 Likes

Same thing in some viewsā€¦

Are we that hard up on Bond news that weā€™re delving into the philosophy of the film industry?

Iā€™m gameā€¦just let me pour a drink :tumbler_glass:

Better make that two.

Edit - just noticed this appears to be a re-hash of an earlier article, however I donā€™t remember seeing the bit about Waltz before.

"if there is space for them in the story, I would absolutely want them there"

That statement indeed was given before and says everything or nothing.

Intriguing, however, is the new information (at least for me) that in the previous Boyle script there was not even Q.

Oh.

Well, stars have said never beforeā€¦

3 Likes

Craig in Knives Out: https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/photogallery/WL/20181129/NEWS/112909990/PH/1?start=2

3 Likes

And next year, heā€™ll be filming Bond 25. Please let the mayhem begin.

1 Like

New rumor.

Director of photography. Apparently, this guy is reliable.

2 Likes

He was my top choice! Awesome if true!

I thought the cinematography in First Man was some of the worst shaky-cam usage Iā€™ve seen since QoS or any given Paul Greengrass film. Hopefully thatā€™s simply a directorial choice and not a by-product of Linus Sandgren. Thatā€™s the only thing of his that I recognize that heā€™s done (I never saw LaLa Land). I would imagine that is decidedly not the style of Nutcracker and the Four Realms. Can someone address that? Thanks!

Kristopher Tapley is one of the most respected film critics in the U.S. He is not in the rumor business.

This interesting tidbit popped up Twitterā€¦ Could Norway indeed be a location?? :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Norway would be great and itā€™s a place Bond has never visited.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia Norway has officially appeared as a location in YOLT as the sight of the geodesic dome where the British are mediating between the Soviets and the USA. However Bond is not present. Norway was also used as a filming location for DAD, presumably doubling for some of the locations in Iceland.

Bond still hasnā€™t been present in Norway so it would be great to see 007 there.

2 Likes

Indeed Gobi-1ā€¦Plus the other rumored location we heard about was Canada so you have to wonder if there will be some mountain/snow scenes in Bond 25. I personally hope not since we just had snow and mountain scenes in SPECTRE, but weā€™ll see.

Another (and this time really good) snow action sequence I wouldnā€™t mind at all. But Norway has more to offer than snow, of course. So, yeah - if true, it will be a fantastic location. Bring it on!

3 Likes

Give me a good snow scene any day: Bond being chased by men with machine guns skiing in formation and lots of cool snow mobilesā€¦ yes please!!!

4 Likes

Agree. Thereā€™s still lots of potential for a Craig era snow scene.

4 Likes

Excellent! :sunglasses::+1:

The mountain climbing scene in the finale of MI: Fallout was filmed at Pulpit Rock in Norway. Might we have our first true mountain climbing scene since FYEO?