News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

2 Likes

I saw those things during my last London visit last October. Why did Girard post that picture?

Less cliched than Big Ben. More interesting than Golders Green.

1 Like

Not really BOND 25 news - but maybe BB will get asked questions during this event which may lead to a new hintsā€¦

1 Like

I must say that the whole system (publicists, agents, journalists in the know) has been quiet and obviously committed to the NDAā€™s that must be in place, because we have gotten zilch casting info other than the Rami Malek rumor. And I know, many times in the past we didnā€™t know until the press conference, but in todayā€™s social media world it usually slips.

Thatā€™s Eonā€™s small circle; most of the people they work with they know for many years. And few of them have much to gain from letting slip information. The leaks usually appear on the side of the ā€˜guestsā€™, and here often unintentionally: a parent talking proudly, a spouse, a friend. Itā€™s not that nothing transpires - there are people in the know - but when things turn up in the press itā€™s usually shortly before theyā€™d have been revealed anyway. Or, in Bamigboyeā€™s case, itā€™s the scraps of gold they throw to the public to keep the pot simmering.

1 Like

Just for those of us who hoped Christopher McQuarrie could somehow be lured in to write and direct the next Bondā€¦

Didnā€™t see that one coming. But, superb.

As to McQuarrie and Bond, looks like McQuarrie would be wrapped up with the two films by 2022. If Bond comes out every 3-4 years, at best, McQuarrie could still be in the frame from a purely timing perspective. Next Bond would be released circa 2024 which at the rate McQuarrie works, would give him plenty of time.

Anyway, I doubt it would ever happen, but the logistics, as they currently stand, would not prohibit.

They obviously want as many as possible before TC needs a zimmer

And if weā€™re to explore that timeframe, zimmer needs, I daresay Cruise could polish off another eight or nine Missions before that time comes.

This after Missions 7 & 8, and, in and amongst all his other work.

I have to say, redundantly I know, that I am very impressed that with just under six weeks before shooting, nothing of note has dripped out of the news channels for solid locations or lead roles. Seydoux and other rumours notwithstanding of course.

I am hopeless at remembering by when we knew what at Filming Day minus days and weeks, but is this a record?

I agree - it becomes increasingly strange that nothing leaks out.

I hope that is a good sign.

Given how their choice of director came completely out of nowhere, it seems they may have simply improved their ability to keep things under wraps. Which Iā€™m happy for. Nothing hurts my anticipation for these movies more than a headline that screams out a spoiler Iā€™d rather not have known about. But thereā€™s still a long production road ahead, so weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Iā€™m liking that the only information we have is negligible, itā€™s a nice change from the over-marketing of big films (teasers for trailers is the worst)

As Iā€™ve certainly been enjoying all the speculation and following the posts here, I havenā€™t posted as most have beat me to the punch in our theories and such. Indeed, as Iā€™ve noticed the calendar, itā€™s been a bit too quiet from the powers that be. I too take this to be a good thing. Eon is keeping it close to the vest (or waistcoat if you prefer) and back in the day, that was the way it was. Movies and serial films always used to be a surprise when they opened and, with the wild wild web, thatā€™s been lost in some respects.

Good on Eon and I look forward to the balance. 25th of the Eon cannon, Danielā€™s last call and the family bringing it on. Iā€™ll be thereā€¦ As always.

4 Likes

Iā€™m guessing this quiet is just the prelude to the premiere moving from February to November announcement.

1 Like

Nooooooooo! Please!!!

Why? Have EON ever been big on announcing things unless they HAD to?

They havenā€™t, true.

But in the age of this interweb keeping secrets can probably only be done by secret agents.

Now, wait a minuteā€¦

Or maybe itā€™s always been good and the leaks have been on purpose!

2 Likes