News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Oh that one. Yes, I did watch it, I now remember…

Still, might as well not.

Your posts as always are a delight to read, I shall endeavour in my own fumbling way, to respond , isn’t there another type of hero prevalent in the 40s and cast aside for the hero you describe and hasn’t yet returned, is perhaps due a return.
Take Bogart in the Big Sleep, he is a settled and rounded person who , perhaps because of Bogart’s earlier career playing villains has more depth , without anguish, than say a John Wayne/ Gary Cooper archiatype.
Move forward a couple of decades and you have McQueen in Bullitt playing a similar type of hero , flawed a bit testy when woken early, but not anguished. The narrative places him under stress and his basic self assurance sees him through.
Perhaps this is a character that can be re -examined, a professional, self assured , man , comfortable in their own skin but real or rather realistic.
I think Craig’s tenure has brought us to that point in Spectre and I’m hopeful that NTTD presents him as the Bogartian/ McQueenesque hero he deserves to be , whilst the plot throws various curve balls at him .

4 Likes

The trailer seems to emphasise those aspects, certainly.

3 Likes

It does alright

I saw the NTTD trailer on the big screen before The Rise of Skywalker, and they had a cardboard cutout promoting the film outside the theatre. Bond is definitely back, guys.

9 Likes

Not sure if we knew this news already? On the 007 shop it names Suttirat Anne Larlarb as the costume designer of No Time To Die - she says: “When thinking about how to dress James Bond in this latest film, I knew that everything about his look had to be instantly iconic and definitive. We chose pieces that are going to withstand the test of time as a classic, while also very much being steps ahead of the current moment”

3 Likes

It’s been known since the reveal at Jamaica that she’s taking over from Jany Temime which is a welcome change in my books, I think we’ve already seen all the suits in the movies from the trailer.

I really wish they did the suits the way they did them in Quantum, it was instant love for me the moment I saw them. It’s what got me into Bespoke suits in the first place even though I live in a non western society where people don’t wear them.

David Arnold will apparently NOT return or replace Dan Romer as composer. He twittered:

You’re very kind but I haven’t been approached about NTTD, so I can sit back and enjoy it with everyone else . Trailer looks great!

4 Likes

And in other news Roger Moore’s not doing OP :wink:

It ain’t over til the fat lady sings the title sequence!

However, Joking aside I do see CJF wanting to go in his own direction.

I’m very confused where to put this …

So here’s Fukunaga taping Lea Seydoux dancing to Michael Jackson at Pinewood. Yes you read that right.

PS:they seem to have gotten extremely close during this production.

2 Likes

The title song has a different vibe than I expected. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Filming pick-ups too I see…

1 Like

Thats amazing. I used to listen to that song on a loop when I was younger. She’s so attractive.

And she can bring it!

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-james-bond-no-time-to-die-world-exclusive-covers-revealed/

6 Likes

And the tweet has disappeared.

Well…

Looking sharp.

It‘s here: https://mobile.twitter.com/davidgarnold/status/1202285912081805324?s=21

She’s got moves.

Bond’s ‘superhero’ outfit has always been a tuxedo. It’s expected, but still great to see him wearing one. And Craig still looks suitable for the part age wise. I think he could easily go on, but leaving petrol in the tank leaves us all with fond memories.

3 Likes