News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

The new best of CD / Vinyl will include NTTD by Billie Eilish, along with all of the other title tracks.

1 Like

The vinyl release suggests they’re targeting the serious collector market rather than the casual fan.

I’d say so, too. The Bond music has been largely a thing for either collectors or artists’ fans. Everybody else just catches it on radio at most. Most Bond fans will already own one or several of these collections and possibly just buy the single.

What I would be much more interested in was another Shaken & Stirred reinterpretation by Arnold, maybe as a two-volume edition with the original from ‘97 - which is now 23 years in the past…

4 Likes

I do have all the themes…but I am kinda tempted by that vinyl…

That is easily in my top 5 Bond wish list. The first one was superb.

Craig, Eilish and Finneas to appear on Jimmy Fallon’s late night show on James Bond Day https://headlineplanet.com/home/2020/09/28/daniel-craig-billie-eilish-finneas-scheduled-for-october-5-tonight-show-starring-jimmy-fallon

3 Likes

If that’s the only way to get BIllie Eilish’s song, maybe.

But they missed an opportunity to get some end titles and alternate takes. If You Asked Me To, If There Was a Man, Surrender, Experience of Love. Shirley Bassey’s No Good About Goodbye. The You Only Live Twice alternate cut, Anthony Newley’s Goldfinger, Johnny Cash’s Thunderball, Alice Cooper’s Man With The Golden Gun, Blondie’s For Your Eyes Only, Radiohead’s theme for Spectre, etc.

Or throw in some choice instrumentals: the film version of the GoldenEye tank chase, Snow Job from The World Is Not Enough, Barry’s “007”, Hamlisch’s “Bond '77”, and a cue from Conti, Kamen, Arnold, and Newman. Wasted opportunity here.

But nice CD cover.

1 Like

Did I get this right? These are…bars? Of gold and silver, stylish even with all the films‘ titles engraved?

My, wouldn’t have guessed there’s appetite for such. But apparently there is.

1 Like
2 Likes

“Rolex?”

“Swatch.”

4 Likes

The official tribute album Bond 25 is available to pre order from today too, featuring instrumental arrangements of all 25 songs by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

1 Like

The use of flute has strong Thunderball vibes.

1 Like
4 Likes

Outstanding. I cannot wait to see the DB5 whip around Matera.

That is actually a very good advert - and this is coming from someone who cannot stand adverts. Thanks for sharing.

:laughing::laughing: just picturing Daniel saying that cracks me up!

Zao was my favorite.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear they wanted another writer to do redrafts on Hodge’s script and it gave Boyle flashbacks to The Beach and his destroyed friendship that took him 15 years to repair.

1 Like