No Time to Die theme song

What i think is funny about this is that in a 60 years old franchise with a leading man of 50 (and the rest of the cast not much younger) they are trying to cater to the streaming generation with an 18 year old artist for the title song…

1 Like

That’s probably exactly what it is - marketing!

But being perhaps Eon’s only real concession to the studio, hypothetically speaking, I’ll take it.

The same phenomenon, compartmentalisation: Bond is now considered a mature franchise that needs an intersection to the teenager and young adult section of the audience. The choice of Eilish is probably the best shortcut into a market segment that would otherwise hardly take notice. This discussion here, numerous articles and features in the media, all that is the best example; lots of buzz that would by far not have been so resonant if it had been Sting or some other ‘established’ artist.

3 Likes

All true and, upon reflection, back in '81, had anyone really heard of Sheena Easton? IIRC, her one/initial hit on the US charts was “Morning Train” in early '81 and at that point (as we later discovered) Blondie was the strong frontrunner.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Aaaand here’s Eilish confirming that she’s been working on the song with Zimmer for the past couple of months

4 Likes

If ever there’s proof that we know nothing…

4 Likes

So, for months now working with Hans… meaning, when the rumor about Romer being out started BB obviously already had her friend HZ getting in, and the idea of Billie Eilish doing the title song was also hatched then…

Yep, we don´t know nothing, and EON must be hysterically laughing when reading boards like this.

6 Likes

Zimmer seemingly teased his involvement as early as last October when on tour! That he was prepping to start a top secret project…

Seems like November is when he properly came on boards, the first Romer out rumour came out then and according to the guy running Zimmer’s website he started work late Nov/early Dec.

1 Like

3 Likes

I genuinely doubt they take the time to check what a small fraction of fans over here on this board have to say.

I wonder where Baz Bamigboye is these days. Has he leaked any solid news about NTTD?

1 Like

Ah good ol’ Skyfall days

1 Like

And just like that, the ‘Zimmer won’t have enough time to make something worthwhile’ narrative is instantly destroyed. The music side of things is in good Hans. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Quite.

‘Let’s ensure we source and lock in a composer for our little project.’

Or,

‘Let’s see what five fans, who will contribute $100 against our $200m outlay, are saying.’

4 Likes

Bamigboye, as far as we know, has had orders to chime in into the ‘BOND 25-is-DOOMED’ tale with a hysterical ‘insider’ story - and has likely burned his contacts as far as NO TIME TO DIE is concerned. How much substantial news he will be able to provide in the future is anybody’s guess.

But then one also must consider that the days of SKYFALL and SPECTRE are quite some time in the past now.

3 Likes

And yet twitter believes that’s true…

1 Like

Baz’s"insider" status is lacking as his own source was Sony/Columbia. After SPECTRE, he doesn’t have anyone’s ear.

4 Likes

I’ve seen posts like this over here and at the other place (am I doing it right ? @antovolk ) over the last decade or so, where you’ll have members who’re so engrossed in James Bond fandom that they’re genuinely convinced that EON is making its decisions frantically pandering to what us lot have to say. I find it delusional and amusing to say the least.

4 Likes

Wait… they are… not?

3 Likes