NO TIME TO DIE - title discussion AND POLL

I like it.

I am pretty sure I came up with this title in the This or That thread.

Does that mean the Bond producers owe me money???

5 Likes

Completely unexpected to wake up to a title. Don’t hate it. I think it’ll factor into the plot in some way. And even if it doesn’t, it sounds Bondy. Much better than Genome of a Woman!

I had written earlier that “No Time To Die” reminds me of “High Time to Kill.” Upon further reflection, I think it is a composite of “High Time to Kill” and “Never Dream of Dying.”

1 Like

A Reason To Die was a rumoured title, an I’m inclined to believe that was a genuine rumour now. In that case, I definitely prefer No Time To Die.

I thought that I recognized it from somewhere, Dave! :grin:

At least they didn’t go with Jesse Ventura’s line from Predator for the title…”I AIN’T GOT TIME TO BLEED!” :grin:

2 Likes

I did indeed come up with the title in October 2018

DaveBond21

Oct '18

Jarvis

Preferred title for Bond 25:

Time to Kill

or

No Time to Die

??

10 Likes

11 Likes

I love it, mainly because I was sick of calling the film Bond 25.

3 Likes

The title works well enough I guess. It’s not particularly original, but then again the days of Bond being original have long since sailed.

Of the rumored titles, I think I would have preferred A REASON TO DIE, but whatever, it’s just a title.

1 Like

I mostly agree (I was not a fan of A Reason to Die). The title is neither great, nor terrible in my book. I’m mostly just happy there is one. I am actually happy to get another original title too and not one that is shoehorning a Fleming title in where it doesn’t belong.

Having woken up early this morning, national radio in the UK has been talking about this for some hours, amidst other World affairs (something about the European Union). Does any other film series benefit from such prominent coverage in “ordinary” media about a title?

All this publicity and “all” it took was shoving something on Twitter rather than some sort of hugely expensive event. Canny.

5 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t work in “007” into the title display:

N0 Time
T0 Die

RIP Shatterhand, Death Collector and Garden of Death. Doesn’t sound like we’re getting the YOLT novel adapted either. But we don’t know the story so maybe it works in the script.

What it lacks is that Fleming twist on a turn of phrase…
Live and Let Die
From Russia with Love (Russia was–still is?– an evil empire back in the day)
The Spy who Loved Me
You Only Live Twice
Doctor No

to say nothing of his brilliant one word titles. But I can’t think of a better title and have surely seen many that are worse. Though I like Die Another Day, Tomorrow Never Dies, and even Another Way to Die titles a bit more.

And yet a majority of you are, surprisingly to me, cool with it. So I’m in. Ready for the trailer now!

2 Likes

Which I’m fine with, I never super liked the CR and QoS logos.

I’ve come to terms with that and I am honestly okay with it.

Am now wondering whether the “No” has any relationship to the curious (but probably mis-reported) incident of this Mr Malek referencing Dr No a few months ago. Bond, time to live. No, time to die.

Probably (hopefully) not.

4 Likes

I wondered that too, but I reckon the Dr. No references were more likely Easter eggs than canon.

2 Likes

If they took that title from your post, then yes, they owe you money and you owe some of us an apology :wink:

3 Likes

Nicely done!

2 Likes

It was on the actual 10 o’clock BBC news last night. I enjoyed it because they played the Bond theme under the newsreader reading it out.

I’m not entirely sold on the font choice at the moment, but at the same time I appreciate the attempt at individuality.

1 Like

I actually love the “old fashioned” approach to the font. Maybe that explains a lot about me.

5 Likes