Oppenheimer (2023)

3 Likes

Iā€™m seeing it on Saturday. Iā€™ll leave reading it and my review until Sunday at least.

3 Likes

22:39 a certain spy becomes the conversation.

1 Like

Look forward to your review.

Seeing it Sunday after Buddhist church.

Also have to get BARBIE in for my Barbenheimer weekend.

3 Likes

Me and the better half are watching both back to back. The cinema was clearly prepped for people doing it too, we donā€™t even need to change screens, just go somewhere else for an hour whilst they clean and change the film.

IMG_3911

2 Likes

Such wisdom.

Deep bow. :pray:

Last time I went to the cinema,I made the mistake of going with ā€œa former jaws lookalikeā€! I was rather squashed!

4 Likes

Be glad that you sat next to him instead of behind him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Actually,the people you can see behind us moved!

3 Likes

Which one is first?

Barbie. I wanted to do it the other way round, but cinema only had Barbie then Oppenheimer if we did it same day

2 Likes

I expect both to be good, but Nolan, of course, will be the main meal.

I wouldnā€™t be strong enough to stomach both on the same day.

Iā€™ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Have kids. Itā€™s a reprieve.

1 Like

One thing the struck me here ā€œso youā€™d want to cast your Bond?ā€ As if thatā€™s unheard of.

IMG_3917

Unless Eon decided Nolan would have less input than Terence Young, Peter Hunt, Guy Hamilton, John Glen and Martin Campbell didā€¦

3 Likes

A post for Orion:

Reminds me of the days when people paid small fortunes for a simple TLD DVDā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

:rofl: Cheers old friend! When TLD was released in March of '88 on VHS, I paid $90 for it. Thatā€™s $232.00 in todayā€™s money. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Didnā€™t have a Laserdisc player yet, but thereā€™s no stopping a Bond fan!

1 Like

:rofl:
Cheers mate. :cocktail: (itā€™s been too long since we had one of these together).

But I was referring to the early 2000ā€™s, when TLD DVDs were off the market and only available in the old Monsterbox. Everyone blamed Sam Neill because there were rumors that he objected against his screen test being published on DVD.
Luckily for him, there was a good website with great people around back in the day, who uncovered the truth and helped restore Neillā€™s reputation among Bond fansā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I know and remember it well. I was not quite yet on the Team, but at the time was being approached by a few and championed by Zencat.

Yes, the traditional old contract licenses. Ah, the good old days. :wink: