Penny Dreadful: City of Angels

Penny Dreadful aka The James Bond alumnus retirement group (written and created by John Logan, produced by Sam Mendes and starring Eva Green, Timothy Dalton, Rory Kinnear and Helen McCrory) is getting a follow up series set in 1930’s California;

Both excited and intrigued over this.

Edit: thanks for correcting the typo in the title @Jim

1 Like

Well, otherwise it would have looked dredful.

4 Likes

Great news! Very surprised by showtime, or Logan/mendes having a change of heart, but glad they did.

I wonder if any of the cast will return? Surely dalton’s character would be deceased, but perhaps the others could cameo, if not star.

Interesting that Mendes is still involved. I got the impression things got a little chilly between John Logan and him during Spectre. In any event I’ll give it a look. Logan has a knack for dialogue and can write the hell out of individual scenes. Hopefully they thread the overall narrative together a bit better than they did the first go round. Season three was a rush job that stumbled over the finish line a bit but I think they know that. Hopefully Rory Kinnear comes back. He was great. Good news all the same!

What a fantastic news! Penny Dreadful is one of my all-time favourite TV shows. Hopefully it ends up on Netflix soon enough.

That was only ever forum chatter so I’d take that with a pinch of salt, though, tbh, even if they where at odds over SPECTRE, neither would be so unprofessional as to refuse to work with the other in different production roles (keeping in mind Mendes is producing Penny Dreadful as part of a production company - he’s not directing), on a very different genre project in a different medium.