Pinder's Assistants

Lloyd Reckord is credited (“uncredited”) as Pinder’s Assistant across a number of online resources (including IMDB), but I can’t find him in the film. Anyone know where he is or why we think he’s in there?

Pinder has another assistant - confirmed to be Bari Jonson - who shows up in brief scenes intercut with Largo’s retrieval of the bombs, including at around 1:44:50 (and pictured below).

Pinder has a different assistant during an earlier scene (around 59:10), but this guy doesn’t look anything like Lloyd Reckord.

Any idea what I’m missing? (And extra credit, if you can help me ID the unknown assistant from the 59:10 scene.)

Thanks!

I agree with you, but I have no idea why Reckord is credited with being in the film or who the white guy at the radio is either. I’ve done a little searching as well but not found anything.

1 Like

We know there are some deleted scenes involving Leiter (and I believe Q) and since Pinder was usually around Leiter it wouldn’t surprise me to find out it was in one of those scenes…

4 Likes

That makes sense. I wish there was an easy, obvious answer, but sixty years later, I may be out of luck. :grinning:

1 Like

The more important question is: Why is there some strange woman doll at the left of that unknown guy? What has she to do with espionage? Is that some kind of disguise for Connery Bond?

3 Likes

It’s a figurehead for a boat.

4 Likes

Hah! Good question! Pinder’s other other assistant. She’s still there, even after Paula’s dead and they traded out the unknown guy for Bari Jonson.

1 Like