Shocking Bond Confessions

1 Like
2 Likes

I went against the idea of purchasing the China bulldog and went for the cheaper option!

3 Likes

He actually nods! Very tacky but tasteful!

1 Like

Now,do I go for the 007 chopping board?

4 Likes

I’m not going to lie, if more Bond 26 process is announced at the end of the year, or at the various celebrations, there is one announcement that would disappoint me. That being the obvious: that Purvis and Wade are working on a script. That means no reinvention in the number one area that needs it most. That would be more disappointing than getting no news as all.

That’s hardly shocking. P&W have been the favoured punching bags since they were first hired.

I’ll not point out the films that started with them as writers in Craig’s run have been the best received…

4 Likes

Be prepared to be disappointed.

Unless they themselves bow out, they will almost certainly be involved at some point in the process. Regardless of what EON may say about wanting to go in a different direction, when push comes to shove, they’ll get cold feet about what another writing team has come up with and retreat to the comfort of P&W.

If we’re going to have P&W do the film, then I say let P&W do it on their own. They’re better when they’re writing their own stuff and then having an accomplished writer, i.e. Haggis, come along and clean up their rough edges. The process is worse when it goes the other way around and P&W are tasked with “saving” the film from whatever hokey ideas EON suddenly got cold feet about during the 11th hour.

4 Likes

But the real shock will be when a film without their involvement will still be criticized for their work.

5 Likes

I never noticed that on the first scenes in Crab Key (with Ursula and on the river bed) Sean seems to have a tattoo on his right arm forearm. It seems covered with make up!

I googled some production stills and there were some with the tattoo and some others clearly without it! Including the famous one where he holds Ursula’s ankles while she does a handstand. None on TB, then appears again in YOLT!

I honestly never noticed them!! “Shocking!” :smile:

3 Likes

He got them in the Royal Navy - they were just, as you said, covered with makeup.

Now to really blow your mind… they did the same with DC :wink:

There’s a shot in CR you can see it fairly clearly - near the end when Bond is coming out of the water to lay with Vesper on the beach. The shot is when Bond dries his face off…

3 Likes

I noticed this somehow for the first time on a recent rewatch of Thunderball. I could barely focus on anything else in the shots when it was visible.

2 Likes

I suppose, thinking about it, 007 having a navy tattoo would go with the character really,after all,he was not always the gentleman spy

2 Likes

His commander post didn’t come in a box of cereal?!?

1 Like

I know what you are saying,but I mean service men of all ranks start somewhere

2 Likes

I agree, it’s why I think any Bond should be in his 30’s at least when he starts.

3 Likes

Oh yes totally! We get snippets in the books and the novelisations of the movies ( TND for example and DAD) of his naval days,but it’s good to not know too much about them…

…when im in a suit and tie ,that is how people have known me for the last nine years, they don’t know that I had long hair for 19 years and wore leather trousers and have a tattoo of Jim Morrison on my upper right arm!

1 Like

Nice, like Connery?

I mean some people and articles look at his ш symbol carved by SMERSH on his hand as his tattoo.

But it would go against the sophistication of the character, it’s fine if we’re doing it in his younger years in the Navy, but if he’s now a spy like how he was in both films and novels, then it should not, because Fleming didn’t wrote him that way, this guy is even a connoisseur, a man with fine tastes in luxury, so I couldn’t see him wearing tattoos.

He could have it as a backstory that he wore a tattoo once in his life, but have it removed once he entered 30’s and intelligence.

If we’re doing Young Bond, then why not?

But Present Spy Bond, I’m not on board.

A tattoo is a rather distinctive mark, not very helpful for a secret agent who is supposed to work with aliases and false identities. When you pretend to be a business man from St Petersburg and try to seduce a Russian spy in order to get some information, you’ve got a problem as soon as she (or he) discovers the Royal Navy tattoo on your biceps. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

My tattoo is on my upper right arm,just under the shoulder,so easily covered up by a t shirt or short sleeved shirt.

Actually, the former landlord of my local pub was in the navy,from 16 to 21 and had a tattoo of an eagle and a galleon on his respective arms,which he had removed back in the 1970s,which was the pre laser removed days