SPECTRE: The Board Game from Modiphius Entertainment

I just realized: Christoph Waltz is the only living Blofeld.

The Blofeld Nationality Sequence: English–Greek-American–English–English (body)/Italian (voice)–Swedish–Austrian

2 Likes

And i think is tied with Donald Pleasence for being the oldest actor in the role with his second appearance making him the oldest.

3 Likes

Sorry, but you forgot the most iconic Blofeld–the one in From Russia With Love and Thunderball–voiced by Eric Pohlmann. “Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one.”

1 Like

Revised with new information:

The Blofeld Nationality Sequence: Austrian–English–Greek-American–English–English (body)/Italian (voice)–Swedish–Austrian

1 Like

Purely because it took me ages to get a gif for them (Charles Gray was only slightly easier). My omission was why it’s that Blofeld 3 posts above yours (I originally was going to the piranha tank, but decided it was a better opportunity to give an appearance to the Blofeld I missed)

What file extensions the board will accept makes it oddly difficult at times to keep my, apparently famous

Gif replies, and I am very aware…

To make use of the Gif I was going to use until I found a gif of the original Blofeld that would work

5 Likes

To be precise, it should be Austrian–English–Greek-American–English–English (body)/Italian (voice)–Swedish–German-Austrian

Waltz was born in Austria, but with a German citizenship (because of his father). He grew up im Vienna and considers himself Austrian but he only got an additional Austrian citizenship in 2010.

2 Likes

His father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

4 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Kristatos is an odd choice for the game I would have chosen Fiona Volpe. Maybe replace Silva with Dr. No and keep it entirely in the 1960s. Really curious to read a review of the game.

1 Like

Available for Pre-Order

UK: SPECTRE: The Board Game

US: SPECTRE: The Board Game

1 Like

On the subject of games, I found a new 1000 piece James Bond jigsaw puzzle scheduled for release this September. Might be worth picking up.

4 Likes

When this game final hit shelves I held back on getting it until I read some reviews. Reviews when they did come were mixed, at least the ones I read. Also the $60.00 price point was hard to take.

I decided to wait until it was on sale.

Target put it on sale a couple of times but never low enough for me to pull the trigger.

My patience and frugalness has paid off. There’s a chain store called ‘Dirt Cheap’ that is a close out store. They take overstock, returns, open box, damaged boxes, clearance items, etc. from other retailer and offer big discounts.

Quite frankly a lot of what they have is junk and the store look like a dumpster but you can occasionally find good stuff if you’re willing to dig around.

Well I scored the game tonight at one of their stores. The box was unsealed but I checked and it had all the pieces. The price tag was $10.00 but 'Dirt Cheap" applies another discount on top so I actually got it for $6.00.

If the game sucks I’m only out six bucks and I can just keep it as part of my Bond collection. If the game is good I got a great deal.

5 Likes