*SPOILERS * Place your Bets here!

Well, there’s plenty of LIVE AND LET DIE ‘similarities’ judging by the trailer:

Bond/M visiting Q/Bond at home - in Moneypenny’s company. A ‘masked’ villain (that may even have a thing going with the Bond lady - or is that ladies?). The slats interior of Bond’s home-away-from-home reminding of the LALD hotel interior. The lair with its angled fairfaced concrete walls (that are of course plaster, as is mostly the case in studios). The stylishly decked out hero in some semi-duty garment…

3 Likes

That really wasn’t my intention with the thread, I just wanted to have a glimpse into how many of us over here BELIEVE he’s Dr.No. If it was a matter of choice I’d echo others sentiments I would rather see new characters altogether

Is this the first time the name of the scientist is given?

It’s been on wikipedia for awhile.

I had totally forgotten that name.

And here is a spoiler filled description of the PTS. Not too much spoilerish if one just thinks about the story they can tell. More of a spoiler if you consider what part of that story is featured before the titles run.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/no-time-to-die-james-bond-opening-scene

1 Like

If anyone reads the story they will immediately question the author’s knowledge or lack of research. The moment they make the statement in the second sentence, they lost me.

Absolutely. Time is a big memory eraser. Or an excuse not to do research.

Still, it will be a first for the Craig tenure.

Kind of - possibly - proves a lot of us wrong who felt assured Matera would be in the pre-title sequence. I say possibly because until we actually see the film, we won’t know for sure.

1 Like

The original reporting is from a WSJ interview with Fukunaga where he shows the reporter the Norway sequence so I trust the accuracy of that. What I suppose we can’t be sure of is whether the titles follow immediately after Norway, or whether we get Norway, Matera and then the titles after that.

2 Likes

I was going off the reporter’s inaccurate statement that it would be the first time in the franchise history that Bond would not be in the pre-title sequence. But I agree with you, until we see it we won’t know for sure.