The James Bond Film Guide

The James Bond Film Guide, a new 296-page authorised guide to all 25 official James Bond films. From 1962’s Dr. No to 2021’s No Time To Die, the book takes you through six decades of cinematic history. This is your indispensable guide to one of the entertainment industry’s greatest film franchises.

Featuring nearly 500 photographs from the 007 archive, including posters and movie images, each film is explored in detail, from the plots and characters to the iconic vehicles and unforgettable gadgets that made cinematic history. The book provides a complete and beautifully illustrated companion to the greatest action films ever made, and includes both iconic and rare imagery specially selected for the book.

Written by Will Lawrence, author of Blood, Sweat and Bond: Behind the Scenes of Spectre and James Bond’s DB5.

Available for pre-order (shipping 19th October 2021):

3 Likes

I ordered this one together with the Making off book and the JB Aston Martin book almost two years ago, it would have been released in november 2019 with the release off the new Bond movie. Pffff!! :pleading_face: :roll_eyes: :wink:

Finally I got it from the postman, after two years waiting… and it’s completely destroyed, because Amazon, in all their wisdom, sent it in a paper bag (not even a hard cardboard envelope, which they usually send their items in). So i will send it back.

While not this book, I sure would like an updated edition of DK’s Secret World of 007. This was a magical item as a younger fan as the cross sections really brought the films to life. Pages on Skyfall Lodge, Silva’s island, Blofeld’s crater base and Safin’s lair would be sensational.

2 Likes

This could be a long shot, but here goes.

I could have sworn I owned a book, probably published during the Brosnan tenure, which reviewed each Bond film in turn and gave it a rating. The snippets I can remember are…

Thunderball got a B+

YOLT got a C-, with the comment that it “was not one of Connery’s better Bond films”.

Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about? I cannot find it among my Bond book collection, so I am beginning to wonder if perhaps it was a web resource, although I was fairly certain it was a print publication.

PS it is definitely NOT Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which is a great book and highly recommended, but was something very similar

That doesn’t ring a bell, but based on the stated premise if I’d come across it, I’d have put in back on the store shelf and gone on my way.

Was it the Virgin films guide thing - I think just called James Bond Films?

Thanks, but it isn’t that one.i have it too.

1 Like