The Music of James Bond with George Lazenby

3 Likes

Bad news heā€™s been fired from it. Hereā€™s his side of story.

George Lazenby in ā€œprobably a bit thickā€ shocker.

1 Like

Not a surprising outcome. He was interviewed on morning TV here in Australia to promote this tour and it actually was the deciding factor in my not going. It was a very awkward and uncomfortable interview and I had no desire to witness it in person. I had a feeling this would be the exact outcome of this tour.
I went to see him interviewed at an OHMSS screening ten years ago and pretty much all of his ā€˜anecdotesā€™ were accounts of his womanising.
He lacks any trace of charm when interviewed and comes across as a sleazy, arrogant braggart and thoroughly unlikeable.
I would say itā€™s a shame for the promoter and musicians, but I would have gone in Sydney without his involvement, so may well be for the best.

1 Like

Yeah, olā€™ George has a certain charm in a roll-your-eyes, ā€œhere he goes againā€ way, but doing it in front of a crowd of families with kids might have been a bit muchā€¦

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/extremely-saddened-and-disappointed-james-bond-actor-george-lazenby-dropped-from-show-after-creepy-interview/news-story/5233041a3f4b7e8b93c6d05c9860bea9

On brand, I fear.

1 Like

Yes on brandā€¦

Not able to say more, but the parties involved in this incident are seeking legal action.
Such a sad outcome for what was supposed to be some lighthearted fun :frowning:

Legal action because one old manā€™s remarks?

No, itā€™s much more than that.

A quick google research suggests that grandpa George made some tasteless comments on his former sexual prowess, some even homophobic.

The correct way is to call him out for that and rescind his invitation. But legal action? Why take him seriously?

Iā€™m assuming the promoters may be claiming lost revenue. His comments made national news mid tour, and he was subsequently pulled from the rest of the tour. Iā€™m guessing people may have cancelled tickets because of his comments or because he was pulled, who knows. Either way, they were playing pretty big venues and he was a focal point of the marketing, and he attracted a lot of negative press and commentary towards the show.
As I posted in this thread, his appearance on morning TV was a deciding factor in my not going. Ironically I would likely have if he wasnā€™t part of it. Having already attended one of his live Q and Aā€™s I had no interest in sitting thorough one again, and it went exactly how I expected it would.