Trigger Warning

Although “Trigger Warning” wouldn’t be a bad title for Bond 26 and would send everyone under thirty into a brainspin.

3 Likes

I am immediately triggered to giggle whenever I look at photos of me in previous times. Does that mean I look better now or at least know how to present myself adequately now?

Triggered to laugh hysterically now, too.

3 Likes

They didn’t even mention “fetch my shoes.”

I guess it makes sense to put things in historical context, but honestly it’s beyond me how anyone could watch an early Bond and not know within 30 seconds that it came from a different century.

The disclaimer reminds me of the one ABC used to show whenever they aired a Bond on the Sunday Night Movie: “Although edited for television, this James Bond film contains scenes that may be inappropriate for young viewers. Parental guidance is advised.” Plus my parents usually gave me a speech: “We’re going to let you watch this, but we want you to know we don’t approve of James Bond’s lifestyle.”

By which they – and probably ABC – meant casual sex and not wanton violence. Pinning a guy to a tree with a spear gun was okay, but falling into bed with a girl you’ve barely said “hello” to? Not on our watch, mister.

This new one feels, to me, in the same vein. The “hero” kills people for a living, folks will be ground up by snow blowers, electrocuted, fed to sharks and piranhas, strangled, poisoned, shot, inflated until they explode, mauled by dogs, etc etc…I’m sure none of that’s triggering at all. But my god, they’re also occasionally insensitive to issues of race and gender, so proceed at your own risk.

I do agree some kind of warning needs to flash on screen before the pink tie appears.

5 Likes

Back in the days of old, we had a member who edited the Bond movies for his children. He had no problems with his kids watching killings and violence, but anything that was related to sex had to be removed.
Had to sit on my hands many times, I do so hate bigotry…

7 Likes

Following the old maxim that you most want the thing you cannot have - I feel all they’re going to do is make more popular the character who exhibits the traits they are told are offensive.

Lean into it, EON. Lean into it…

5 Likes

The film rating system should already be adequate enough for people to assess if content is suitable for them to view. If it’s still too difficult, then perhaps James Bond isn’t for them and they can watch something else.

6 Likes

It’s like when you buy a bag of nuts and the package has to mention “Contains nuts”… The problem is not the movies but some nuts out there watching them.:smile:

7 Likes

I think the BFI have made the mistake of people on Twitter wanting attention equates to actual people. Most actual people understand how time passes.

7 Likes

I just had the same thought as I was clicking on this thread. “Trigger Warning” would be a great playful title.

3 Likes

This made me smile and I would be totally there for it :clap:

1 Like

There should be a trigger warning on Die Another Day

2 Likes

“this film may contain a terrible Madonna performance and a ridiculous title song”

1 Like

I’d say the song is one of the better aspects of the film. I also love the music video with good Madonna fighting evil Madonna amidst an avalanche of nods to previous films… homage done tastefully while trying something different (albeit not to everyone’s taste) with the song.

2 Likes

DAF Trigger Warning:

Warning: This film contains a short pink tie, an anticlimactic climax, and various toupee migrations. Viewer discretion is advised.

8 Likes

Moonraker Trigger Warning:

This film contains scenes of dog attacks, cartoon physics, cringey double-entendres, narratively intrusive product placements and damage to valuable pianos and glassware and may cause hallucinations of nonexistent dental appliances as well as neck injury to pet birds prone to incredulous double-takes. Viewer inebriation is advised.

10 Likes

" viewer inebriation is advised" should be on every Bond film ( except Die Another Day, we don’t want mass property destruction

3 Likes

SPECTRE Trigger Warning

Warning: This film contains extreme and noxious examples of retconning; nausea-inducing color grading; Bond theme falsetto vocals; and the most sorry-ass takedown of a helicopter in screen history. Viewer avoidance is advised.

5 Likes

Quantum of Solace Trigger Warning:

This film contains a nauseating amount of shaky cam, a truly awful theme song, and very lazy continuity errors for a movie that takes place an hour after the previous one. If you are easily triggered by poor editing and nails on a chalkboard level of bad music, viewer discretion is highly advised.

4 Likes

Trigger warning

Fans want to use that phrase to take out bug bears, despite it actually meaning reminders of personal abuse?

3 Likes

sigh

4 Likes