What do you think about the NTTD release date?

That’s what I was saying 2 posts above. As it stands today this does not effect NTTD.

While Universal confirmed the deal won’t apply to tentpoles such as “No Time to Die,” where the studio is only handling international distribution (MGM will roll out the film in North America) it’s unknown exactly how many films will fall into the agreement.

Well, I guess time to start preparing to 2021 for good, at least in the US.

AMC held no cards and tried to bluff Universal. Universal got what they wanted. Now, with AMC in their pocket, Universal once again holds all the cards. Cineworld has nothing.

Imagine if I got to see the film in Australia this year - with American and UK fans in limbo until 2021/22. How cruel would that be? But then again, other countries always get Bond films before us, so… :sweat_smile:

I’m totally convinced that I’ll NEVER see No Time To Die.

1 Like

I already know that I won’t either. The Coronavirus will have gotten me long before this thing gets released in whatever form they decide to release it in.

At least I got to play The Last of Us Part II before succumbing to coronavirus.

Remember that Cineworld isn’t quite bluffing the way AMC had yet. AMC is the only one that blanket banned Universal’s films - arguably overreacting in the wake of the Trolls release. And that overreaction is what allowed Universal to work this out.

While the US is still having the ‘mask debate’ (that sounds great when the kids edit a load of newscasters saying it in quick succession), it will be one, less of prepping, and more of deferring - to at least 2021.

But the only thing Cineworld can fall back on is a ban of Universal’s movies. Cineworld needs Universal. Universal can survive without Cineworld.

(Keep in mind I can survive without Cineworld too since I’ve never even heard of them.)

This is fascinating…

2 Likes

Great, as if there weren’t enough problems in the world…

It’s the Mail. Odds of it being true are negligible.

1 Like

Oh, for sure.

The real zinger is how they actually waste lines around the notion of there being a premiere at all. The most likely theatre to host that currently sits at the foot of Olympus Mons, Mars…

2 Likes

Quite!

This one seems on the money…

2 Likes

There’s not going to be a big premiere for the film, if there is one at all, so this is pretty much false from the get go, I would think.

Also, would you really want to antagonize both one of the stars of your film as well as a very talented director who, possibly, you might want to one day helm one of your films? Doubtful.

1 Like

Ring, ring…

DC: I forbid you from attending my premiere!
BA: What premiere?
DC: You know, um, my new Bond film.
BA: And it´s premiering where?
DC: Uh, at a cinema. I guess.
BA: Which cinema?
DC: Well, every cinema. Around the world.
BA: When?
DC: In November.
BA: Which year?
DC: This year!
BA: Good one…
DC: Yeah, well - it´s not like we have to sit in the cinema during the film.
BA: What do you mean: we?
DC: In case you come anyway.
BA: Who else is coming?
DC: I don´t know. Ana, maybe.
BA: During a pandemic? Are you crazy? Is Rachel coming?
DC: Well, as I said - it´s not like we have to sit in the cinema during the film.
BA: So you’re just walking the red carpet?
DC: Probably. I don’t know - MGM does not want me to wear a mask, though. Although EON has made me a special NO TIME TO DIE one.
BA: You could wear it in the cinema.
DC: For almost three hours? I’d rather slash my… um…
BA: I have a full beard which recently got mistaken for a face mask anyway - so Ana and I could walk the red carpet, if you insist.
DC: No, that’s what I’m telling you, man - don’t even come!
BA: But Ana wants me to.
DC: Hey, who starred in two films with her?
BA: Who?
DC: Ben, dammit…
BA: So, this premiere - when is it again?
DC: I don’t know. Maybe 2021.
BA: And you’re asking me now… why?
DC: (sighs)
BA: Oh, by the way, Ana says hi.
DC: Hello…
BA: And that she does not think there will be a premiere this year. Due to this, you know, deadly virus going around. She also says you shouldn’t go either.
DC: But it´s my last Bond film!
BA: Not if you stay safely at home.
DC: You mean…
BA: C´mon - if I had acted reasonably I would still be Batman.
DC: But I don’t want to be Batman.
BA: No, you want to be Bond, Daniel.
DC: Do I?
BA: Why else would you want to go to the premiere?
DC: I actually don’t, Ben.
BA: Hmm. Should I go instead of you?
DC: Do you want to be Bond, too?
BA: Right now, why not?
DC: You’re an American, idiot.
BA: So? Tom Holland plays Spider-man.
DC: Maybe I could play Spider-man, too, then…
BA: I could hook you up with Marvel.
DC: You mean DC.
BA: Nobody takes my calls at DC anymore.
DC: Because you did not go to a premiere?
BA: I went to every premiere they had. Although the UK one was canceled.
DC: Because you wanted to go with Ana?
BA: I wasn’t with Ana back then.
DC: Why not? She’s great. (RW, in the background: Who´s great?) Nobody, dear. - (RW: Who you’re talking to?) Affleck. - RW: Oh, let me…
RW: Hi, Ben.
BA: Rachel, my lovely…
DC (in the background): What did he say??!!
RW: Hey, Ben, did Danny tell you about this premiere of his little Bond film which is constantly getting pushed back?
BA: Yeah, well…
RW: Why don’t you come with Ana?
BA: That’s a great idea.
RW: Isn’t it, Danny?
DC (in the background): Um…
BA: Otherwise she will be flirting with Danny again, and they could also end up acting together - and WE ALREADY HAD THAT CONVERSATION, RIGHT, DANIEL?
DC (in the background): Yes, my love.
RW: So, it´s settled then. Ben is coming to the premiere.
DC (in the background): There might be none.
RW: Eventually, they will be.
DC (in the background): At that time, Ana will probably have moved on from Ben anyway.
BA: What did he say???!!!
RW: Nothing. See you, Ben! And… hey, why don’t you bring Matt along, too? He’s so attractive in his Bourne movies.
DC (in the background): Where´s my razor?

7 Likes

…what exactly could Craig do? He’s already left!

1 Like

This sounds way more accurate than the daily mail rubbish.

1 Like