Whiskey Cavalier

A new spy series premiering on the US ABC network on February 24th. Here’s the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhYQU5eWdCo

2 Likes

From the creators of Scrubs. Take that as you will, but I’m quite looking forward to this, even if I doubt it’ll get the audience to justify a season 2.

I liked SCRUBS. I liked this trailer. It seems a difficult concept to sustain for long - but I do want to watch this.

So did I, It was more an indicator that this series could potentially go anywhere between lowest common denominator slapstick to heart breaking drama. Scrubs did both…sometimes in the same episode.

1 Like

Watched the second episode today, I like it! Hopefully, this show sticks around for awhile.

We’ll see. Nobody thought Brooklyn Nine-Nine would survive its first season and yet here it is having just been renewed for a seventh and winning awards.

1 Like

This is true. It’s move to NBC giving it a jump of over a million viewers on average.

Well, so much for that:

Not surprised. I’ve caught an episode every now and then and it seems to be mostly about high school style relationships rather than spy stuff.

The network cancelled it because WB wouldn’t decrease the spy stuff (expensive) and up the relationship stuff (cheap) - ABC, who clearly wanted a new Castle, cancelling it is a good thing in that regard

Holy crap - they wanted LESS spy stuff and MORE relationship stuff than there already was in the show… Did they even want it to be a spy show at all?

They wanted Castle. Will they/wont they and nothing else.

I didn’t follow this but the pattern seems familiar; producers and broadcasters at odds regularly leads to trouble and in the end the one paying pulls the rug. Sad for the fans.