"007's Road to a Million" Series From MGM on Amazon Prime

Its In the Daily star hee in blighty already

2 Likes

Even though this was in the works long before the MGM-Amazon deal, it may be enough to get Amazon off EON’s backs for a while. A compromise of sorts between Amazon wanting to mine their newly acquired IP’s and EON not wanting to do spin-offs. It’s not ideal, or even remotely appealing, but might be enough to keep everyone satisfied while the true nature of this deal comes to light.

5 Likes

For a time it should.

Backstage meanwhile there’s the hunt for a new Bond and a new production that should at least produce seizable results of one form or another by the end of the year, if not sooner now that the Oscars are out of the way and Bond must earn money again.

Should there be no news by then it’s safe to assume they are stuck until one side gives way for a compromise.

1 Like

And of course there’s the The Sound of 007 documentary coming out in October 2022 to occupy them with as well.

Presumably it is getting an update after last nights Oscar win.

4 Likes

“Succession” Star Brian Cox has been cast in “007’s Road to a Million.”

Cox will portray “The Controller,” described as “an enigmatic character who controls the fate of the contestants…villainous and cultured” and is said to revel "in the increasingly difficult journeys and questions the contestants must overcome.”

The series is set for global release by Prime Video later this year.

3 Likes

Highly weird that someone of his stature would do this.

Although, the money will be great.

Which leads to someone of his stature taking the gig, and chortling all the way to the bank.

Also, the 007 brand gives it a veneer of respectability. This is not “Love is Blind” or “Survivor: Scaramanga’s Island.”

2 Likes

Although… “Scaramanga´s Island” would be a great pitch!

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesBondAtoZ/status/1692096164580016447

I hope Cox is getting tons of money for this.

Do you have the direct link to Road To A Million’s Amazon listing?

No unfortunately.

It’s surely the only reason he’s participating in this nonsense. I would have to think he’s getting paid handsomely for what should end up being just a couple of days of filming.

You have to begin to wonder about a franchise that has all of its new material being churned out that doesn’t feature the character the whole thing is built on. A film where they kill off the main character. A series of books about people other than Bond. This stupid TV series. Grand time to be a Bond fan.

1 Like

I‘m still a fan and believe the next film will be exciting.

I just wonder why Brian Cox, coming off his career-defining role in „Succession“, would agree to be part of a „reality“ show.

But this is the state of the industry right now…

1 Like

A nice opportunity to make a bit of money on the side without the ordeals of a big movie production. Only recently, I got into a documentary about Houdini, hosted by Laurence Fishburne, which featured CBn’s own zencat as an expert :laughing:

5 Likes

Sounds really interesting.

Not getting out of bed for that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JamesBondAUS/status/1694041574265737632

1 Like

I am not a fan of reality shows.

But in the absence of a new Bond film I probably will feel inclined to watch… this.

Brian Cox helps.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jamesbondaus/status/1699808148935381444