A ranking of all 104 Bond villains

Mixing main bads with henchpersons into a single world dominating list makes for a good read! Some random selections here for sure: Drax being so low down (and below Stromberg!!!) is particularly bizarre! Who are your top 5 and why?

1 Like

Because you can’t follow a link in a thread title :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Mod note: thread title fixed accordingly.

1 Like

My top 5 main villains list would look something like this:

1. Franz Sanchez
  2. Hugo Drax
  3. Blofeld (Telly Savalas)
  4. Raoul Silva
  5. Alec Trevelyan

And henchmen/women:

1. Xenia Onatopp
  2. Oddjob
  3. Jaws
  4. Red Grant
  5. Stamper
1 Like

Thanks: my first thread: saw the article and couldn’t resist!

1 Like

A fun article to read, but the ranking is very questionable, there’s also one wrong photo with number 84, that’s not Joe Robinson as Peter Franks, but Bruce Glover as Mr. Wint.

1 Like
  1. Le Chiffre
  2. Blofeld (Telly Savalas)
  3. Scaramanga
  4. Sanchez
  5. Goldfinger
1 Like

Best villain:

1. Goldfinger
  2. Hugo Drax
  3. Dr. No
  4. Blofeld (Pleasence)
  5. Largo (Celi)

Best henchman/women:

1. Jaws
  2. Oddjob
  3. Red Grant
  4. Viona Volpe
  5. Xenia Onatopp
1 Like

Le Chiffre and Scaramanga are very good villains indeed. I’m also a big fan of Volpe.

1 Like

Good to see Fiona getting some love: she is such a well written and acted character she just oozes Bondness!

In alpha order:

Blofeld (Gray)
Drax
Goldfinger
Scaramanga

1 Like

“Toshiba” Suga as Chang. I wrote a spoof of Bond reviewers once where I declared “note: ALL henchmen are mute”. Mr. “Mister Drax said to telephone him” is apparently no exception.

2 Likes

Villains-

Blofeld ( Savalas)
Largo (Celi)
Drax
Klebb
Zorin

1 Like

Best Villain

1. Goldfinger
  2. Blofeld (Pleasence)
  3. Scaramanga
  4. Kristatos
  5. Dr. No

Best Henchman/Henchwoman

1. Oddjob
  2. Jaws
  3. Red Grant
  4. Fiona Volpe
  5. Irma Blunt
1 Like

I still like Blofeld from FRWL the best. The unseen evil.

1 Like

I’m with you on that one! The Siamese fighting fish monologue was a classic! Though I love Spectre (controversial I know!) one of my big regrets is that they went straight into Blofeld instead of gradually building him up as they did in the 60s.

1 Like

I know what you mean (building him up over several films). However I like how they just showed Waltz’s back during the funeral, and kept him in shadow for most of the board meeting.

1 Like

I did not know that Necros was dubbed by Kerry Shale.

1 Like

Agreed! I thought this was beautifully done! A stylish contemporary update on the classic Thunderball scene. It was a masterclass in how to pay homage to the history of the series without resorting to DAD style gimicks.:clap:

I, too, was dismayed to find Drax so low on the list, but glad to see him on so many of our lists! I wonder what said journalist found uninteresting about the character; if you’re a remotely attentive viewer, there’s a lot of interesting characterization, and Lonsdale’s performance understated in such a way as to present a character in control, to the point it’s alarming (deliberately so, one infers) when he shows signs of losing control near the end.

1 Like