Argyle (Matthew Vaughn and Henry Cavill, 2024)

No, a third main line one is on the way with Egerton thinking it would start filming sometime this year, but it has been pushed back several times already.

3 Likes

Orion, good to hear. Lot’s of missed opportunities with The Golden Circle.

3 Likes

I liked it, but it was definitely the weakest of the three so far.

1 Like

So did I, but it could have been waaaaaaay better.

3 Likes
5 Likes

A CGI cat winking?

What’s next - a fish?

6 Likes

IMG_2373

5 Likes

So what era of Bond does Matthew Vaughn like?

I’ll go ask the double taking pigeon or the man who keeps checking his drink.

3 Likes

Full trailer.

I am so in.

3 Likes

Guess we can change the question mark in the thread’s title to a “4.” :wink:

2 Likes

I hope this Hollywood Reporter writer didn’t spend too much time on this article last year… :joy:

IMG_2377

2 Likes

I just pre-ordered the Kindle version of the book.

1 Like

As have I the hardcover.

What will be interesting is now that we know the author and book are part of the story - will that mean the book is not the same story as the movie but its own independent work? In other words, will the movie be directly based on the book or will they be separate companions to each other?

Looking forward to both…

3 Likes

I followed this story (book & film) since day one. The hype for the unpublished work was through the roof. I pulled a lot of my publishing friends strings to get an advanced reader copy, but everyone came up empty. I now wonder if when the book is published, that Bryce Dallas Howard’s face will be in the author’s slot? In other words, there is no Elly Conway. She’s fictional.

2 Likes

Vaughn gives a quick breakdown of the trailer.

2 Likes

done :wink:

1 Like

These days, not the sales argument he thinks…

1 Like

I’m so confused by this Elly Conway crap…

1 Like

I guess that´s the PR goal.

But the more they build this up the more they will have to deliver. And I don’t think they can.

2 Likes

If I find out Matthew Vaughn has been flat out lying for years about authors and manuscripts, etc, for a PR stunt, I’m not giving them my time to watch the movie.

I fully admit it’s a silly hill to die on and I’m also know I’m a hypocrite for not caring about the whole “Christophe is not playing Blofeld” thing… but for some reason this whole thing is just putting a bad taste in my mouth.

So there :muscle: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes