COVID-19 analysis and discussions

Shattered for you and your family, Dave. I’ve always noticed a positive attitude through your posts over the years. Thinking of you and everyone else who will be impacted by this situation. I’m starting to work from home tomorrow, and I realise just how lucky I am to do that when others are being laid off.

2 Likes

Dave - you have always been a positive force around here and the least we can do is reciprocate; look after yourselves and we all hope for a turn for the better for you soon. J.

3 Likes

As usual, Jim is spot on there. Our thoughts go out to you, Dave. Stay safe and may we all see better times soon.

2 Likes

Stay strong, Dave. This crisis will pass, and then your jobs will be back.

2 Likes

All the best for you and your family Dave. this storm will pass and we’ll be ok

2 Likes

I’m also thinking of you Dave. It’s always a welcome sight here when you join the convo. We’re all in this together and we’ll get through it together.

2 Likes

Best wishes to you Dave, just try and hold on to the thought that this merely a pause on normal life.

1 Like

Take care of yourselves Dave.

1 Like

That’s us in the UK on virtual lockdown

Better late than never.

1 Like

Sorry to hear @DaveBond21. Stay strong and hopefully this whole thing will pass sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Dave, I don’t know you, but have seen your posts and enjoy them, and enjoy Elton John too. I hope you have resources to get you through. I’m lucky enough to still have my work, and be able to do it from home, but I do not take that for granted.

Indeed, visiting this forum and watching James Bond movies connects me to the old “normal” world. this won’t last, but nor will we ever return to what was. As Churchill says, “When you’re going through hell, keep walking.”

2 Likes

At least some good news on the Bond-related Coronavirus front:

8 Likes

I’ve prayed for you and your wife, Dave. I wish there was more I could do. We’re both retired and on a fixed income as it is. Thanks for helping make our passion for Bond a little bit more enjoyable with your posts.

3 Likes

Dave, I am sorry that this situation has afflicted you and your wife so drastically. I hope you have resources that will carry you through in the short term.

I am fortunate that my husband and I still have our jobs (I at a grocery store, he as a food chemist at a manufacturing plant). Working as a grocery store cashier has had its challenges lately. But I don’t have to deal with nearly the amount of stress our managerial staff must cope with. Nova Scotia just declared a state of emergency … because idiots were ignoring the public health advice and crowding our beaches (the scenes were similar to those reported elsewhere around the world). “State of emergency” boils down to: If you won’t do the right thing, then we’ll have to make you do it. Sad, and a bit perplexing. What’s so disappointing is that in my part of Nova Scotia, our beaches are often largely deserted, so social distancing was no problem. But now we all have to pay because others refuse to acknowledge the seriousness of this situation, and behave accordingly.

Interestingly enough, occasionally in my job I get an “Oh, you’re just the cashier” attitude. Can’t say that I’ve experienced that lately. Quite the opposite, in fact. So it’s an odd but welcome thing, to be appreciated in a time that’s so stressful for everyone. I’m trying to do whatever I can to ease that stress for people at my checkout … and most of the time, people have been great. But it’s clear that some people are feeling more anxiety than others. They have underlying health issues, or are worried about picking up the virus and passing it on to someone who is vulnerable. It’s pretty overwhelming for many people!

7 Likes

Charles Barkley has tested negative.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/03/23/coronavirus-charles-barkley-announces-he-tested-negative-covid-19/2899528001/

I cannot stress this enough: thank you and all your colleagues, all the people in the various crucial roles - that are in fact anything but ‘small’! - for keeping our society afloat. It will be the effort of the ‘ordinary people’ that will make it possible to overcome this.

8 Likes

I was at my CVS today and thanked all the cashiers for working the front lines, essentially.

2 Likes

“Shop Smart…Shop S Mart.” :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the kind messages, guys. Much appreciated.

7 Likes