Forum Game: This or That?

Hate to go against Felix, but I’ll go with A View To A Kill’s Chuck Lee

Better location for a stunt/scene:

Bond underwater stalking/being stalked and fighting divers around the Great Barrier Reef of Australia

or

Bond in a foot chase in and around the ruins of the Acropolis in Athens, Greece

?

Actually I want to see both, because it could be two awesome scene’s, but let’s choose for now footchase Acropolis.

Who’s the better Bond writer (and why):

John Gardner

or

Raymond Benson?

Having read all of their Bond novels, I’ll go with John Gardner. He rebooted literary Bond, was very prolific (14 novels?), and had some nice yarns (Icebreaker, Win Lose or Die, Scorpius, and No Deals, Mr. Bond) though he admittedly lost inspiration later on.

Having NOT read any of the subsequent publications, which is best?

Triggor Mortis,
Carte Blanche,
Devil May Care,
OR
Solo?

Trigger Mortis

Better location for a car chase:

Stelvio Pass on the Italian-Swiss border

or

Transfagarasan in Romania

or

Irohazaka in Japan

?

(I know this has been answered already)

You listed the novels in the order, I would rank them lol.

After doing some Googling to see pics of these various locales, I would definitely go with the Transfagarasan road in Romania… I love the way it curves in a bowl shape in some areas. :sunglasses:

Of the new character posters for NTTD, which do you think looks more badass?

Jeffrey Wright’s Felix Leiter OR Dali Benssalah’s Primo?

Well, since I can’t say Billy Magnussen, Dali Benssalah.

It is currently February 11, less than 2 months until the release of No Time To Die. When will we get first:
the second full trailer
OR
the title song
?

Second full trailer

Better idea for Bond 26:

Gadget-laden motorcycle

or

Gadget-laden four-wheel ATV (all-terrain vehicle)

?

That’s just how they were randomly stacked in my Bond bookshelf!

1 Like

Put Forever and A Day above them all, but, yeah, I agree with @theSpectre in that being the order.

1 Like

I can get on board with that. Forever and a Day and Trigger Mortis are both very good. I think FaaD has a far better female lead, one of the best in the overall series, while TM has a much better villain. Both good reads though and I’m very much looking forward to a (potential) 3rd Horowitz.

Back to the game…Gadget-laden motorcyle. I always love a good motorcycle chase.

Character most likely to die in No Time To Die:
Bond
OR
Felix
?

I hope neither but if I had to choose, I’d say Felix.

How do you think No Time To Die will fare at the box office? Reach the $1 billion mark like Skyfall OR just come a bit short of $1 billion like SPECTRE?

I think it’ll reach $1 billion. Hype is high and it’s releasing at a better time for the box office than most Bond films.

If an MI6 regular were to die in No Time To Die, who would be more likely:
Moneypenny
OR
Q
?

Tough call, but I’ll say Q.

What would you rather see in Bond 26:

A snow chase on snowmobiles

or

A water chase on jet skis

?

Ooh, snowmobiles

Preferred opening shot of Bond 26 -

• Bond (face not seen straight away) scaling a mountain

or

• Blofeld pointing a gun at a failed henchman

??

Blofeld pointing a gun at a failed henchman. We already had the introduction of a new Bond while scaling Gibraltar in The Living Daylights.

If Bond 26 were to use a rebooted classic villain:
Goldfinger
OR
Klebb
?

Klebb…

Which former bond location should be used for Bond 26:

Japan (hasn’t been seen since 1967 and YOLT) OR Greece (hasn’t been seen since 1981 and FYEO)?

Japan.

Which “alternate universe” James Bond film would you rather see:

a 1971 Diamonds Are Forever directed by Peter Hunt with George Lazenby as Bond and Telly Savalas as Blofeld

or

a 1979 For Your Eyes Only scripted by Christopher Wood, directed by Lewis Gilbert, scored by John Barry and including Richard Kiel returning as Jaws?

Without doubt, there’s room for growth. There isn’t with Moonraker, that type of Bond reached his peak when he got on the shuttle.

Which actor needs to be in a Bond film at some point

Anthony Hopkins

Or

Natalie Dormer

Anthony Hopkins

Which earlier discarded script idea Bond film would you rather watch:

a 1971 Diamonds Are Forever with Goldfinger’s twin brother(played by Gert Frobe) instead of Blofeld as the primary villain operating his diamond powered laser weapon aboard a Liparus-type tanker

or

a 1977 Moonraker scripted by Cary Bates where Sir Hugo Drax works for SPECTRE, has an underground base in Loch Ness, Scotland, his plot involves hijacking nuclear submarines and Tatiana Romanova(FRWL) returns as Bond’s leading lady?