Future Locations

Looks similar to how the CNS building was designed in Spectre.

2 Likes

That occurred to me too.

I do agree they it would make for a great chase and they missed the chance for a good one in there. So much missed potential with that horrid finaleā€¦

Imagine motorbikes chasing Bond up there - his only option at the top to either keep going (TSWLM PTS already did that), or turn 180 and tear back down through the pursuers.

Someone like Gareth Evans (The Raid) would direct the hell out of that madness. Or, a bit like hallway hammer fight in Park Chan-wookā€™s Oldboy. On bike or foot itā€™s onward or over the side.

2 Likes

Well, there wouldnā€™t Be a chase.

If they were sensible, theyā€™d just let the one being chased zoom up, and the chasers would wait at the bottom for when he got hungry, or needed the loo or some such.

2 Likes

:joy: Good point! And a great place to put an intermission for the audience to take a leak and get a snack! Film resumes with Bond emaciated and soiled atop the spiral.

Ok, how aboutā€¦ Heā€™s racing to achieve a satellite link to upload a stolen piece of intel. In that scenario the bad guys would most certainly chase him to the top.

Or, if a chopper was hovering above, dangling a rope ladder. In that scenario heā€™d ride the bike over the top and leap for it.

Personally I prefer either the intel upload scenario, or the chopper having to leave/being shot down as he reaches the top, subverting expectations. This leaves him no choice but to battle his way back down.

1 Like