Knives Out (2019)

@Gobi-1 Where can I find the downloadable commentary for ‘Knives Out’?

https://knivesout.movie/#commentary

Was the link, but I don’t know if it would still work. It is, however, on the dvd/blu-ray.

Given Johnson also did them for The Brothers Bloom and Looper as well, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did one for Glass Onion.

3 Likes

Only getting round to watching the second half of this, Johnson physically bristles when the interviewer says “another Knives Out”

It got me wondering what was the first film to stick a numbers on the end rather than give it’s own title?

I think Quatermass 2

A chance to support charity and ask DC a question during his Q&A event with Stephen Colbert.

2 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

Unless my local theaters add screenings later today or this week looks like I’ll have to drive 135 miles to Dallas to see it in November. Also my “local” AMC theaters are themselves over 60 miles away from me. Oh the joys of living in rural East Texas.

2 Likes

As they say: Everything is bigger in Texas. That includes driving distances. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Where I live if I was driving to Los Angeles the halfway point is El Paso Texas. I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and there’s still corners I haven’t even come close to.

1 Like

More or less the exact opposite to me. Saarland, where I live, is Germany’s smallest federal state. It’s the state where everything is a bit smaller than usual and it would fit about 270 times into Texas. We usually serve as comparative value for the size of wildfires, oil spill or drifting icebergs. :roll_eyes:

But mind you, there’s corners in my state, too, where I never came close to. :laughing:

5 Likes

I am in my seventh decade.

Have lived in the New York City area all of my life (except for two miserable college semesters in Pennsylvania).

Have lived in Brooklyn for 38 years, 33 of them in the same apartment (two blocks from the first one I occupied).

I have never been to the top of the Empire State Building or visited the Central Park Zoo or inside the New York Public Library on 42nd Street.

4 Likes

Top of the Empire State Building would seem mandatory for a film connaisseur…

4 Likes

https://www.cbr.com/rian-johnson-confirms-knives-out-benoit-blanc-gay/

I suspect this was a detail Johnson was intending to be a surprise for the audience, given it’s the more click bait heavy sites that are reporting it from a post screening q&a and Johnson’s words makes it sound like this was a cameo they wanted to hide (Joseph Gordon Levitt perhaps?)

3 Likes

I mean…

1 Like

Imagine if its Pierce Brosnan.

1 Like

That would be a surprise for sure.

“A well known British actor”, they say. And if you look at the cast list over at IMDb (which seems to be updated with new cameos every day), you might quickly find out who it is (a hint: not everyone who’s being reported in the media to be playing “himself” is actually playing “himself”). :wink:

4 Likes

I looked…

1 Like