Knives Out (2019)

Wow, wasn’t expecting that.

Who would have thought that this little movie that could only snuck in Craig´s schedule because Bond was delayed would go on to not only earn tons of money as an original movie and then even become a franchise?

Goes to show: nobody knows anything.

4 Likes

Little bit more on Blanc 2 the chair of of Lionsgate keen to see a script, and Johnson’s producing partner Ram Bergman.

Daniel had so much fun doing it, and he wants to do more,

2 Likes

I finally saw ‘Knives Out’ last night. What an incredibly fun movie! Craig and the entire cast are clearly having a total blast. I’m glad it clicked with the worldwide audience for everyone involved. A franchise with Benoit Blanc sounds like a great idea to me!

1 Like

Yes, pretty sure Craig will enjoy a franchise where the stunts are significantly less risky than a Bond. This made my day when I first read about it.

Johnson talking plot twists, and recommending films.

3 Likes

Finally saw this delightful and perfectly crafted film. And boy, did DC exude sheer fun and enjoying himself!

I may actually make this the first film I watch at the cinema this year.

1 Like

You ‘should’ make it ‘a’ film to see at the cinema this year…

A blissful experience.

1 Like

B-Roll footage

4 Likes

Looks like it’s been nominated for Best Original Screenplay by The Academy

3 Likes

Deserved more…but I don’t think anyone of it’s cast or crew made it for that.

This was a film for shrugging off studio pressure and twitter abuse.

1 Like

Yeah, I wondered if the “alt-right boy” in Knives Out was Rian Johnson’s reverse troll at Star Wars fans attacking The Last Jedi.

He claims it isn’t, but I suspect that was the first thought of much of the audience.

I loved how “Knives Out” actually is one of the most timely reflections on American society while wrapping it up in a traditional genre - and still playing with its conventions.

4 Likes

The best genre films always have been

1 Like

I was disappointed that Ana de Armas wasn’t nominated. Her career is surging right now and her talent is undeniable. Can’t wait to see her in NTTD.

3 Likes

She definitely would have deserved an acting nomination.

2 Likes

“Knives Out” will be out on digital Feb 7 and disc Feb 25

2 Likes

Is that really the best cover choice for a “murder mystery”?

Those who’ve seen it will understand.

2 Likes