"Maybe no one will notice..."

Un-be-liev-able!!!

Insane that they would waste a face as gorgeous as that!

2 Likes

Fantastic find!

Maybe no one will notice that Oddjob was able to paint Jill gold all over without leaving a drop of paint anywhere else in the room. That’s one meticulous manservant. (Oh, and that he killed Jill but left Bond alive. You know, someone who could trace the murder back to Goldfinger. Meticulous but dim, I suppose.)

2 Likes

He only had enough paint for one murder?

Or:

You should see the blankets on which he painted her and which he removed because Goldfinger wanted every drop to be put back into his vault.

Or:

Oddjob had enough paint for two but splashed too much on the blanket because he wanted to keep that for his retirement fund.

Or:

Goldfinger told him to do something creative with her - and had to learn the hard way that Oddjob was a closet painter.

2 Likes

#HenchmenHaveHobbies

4 Likes

I feel a thread coming on…

Name the hobbies of all the henchmen!

If they had not been henchmen what kind of villain would they have been?

2 Likes

Picture Oddjob trying to explain at length to nameless goons about putting covers over the furniture before you begin painting.

On not killing Bond “Mr. Goldfinger insisted! I know, I know, it doesn’t make any sense to me either but you know what he gets like”

3 Likes

“Also, he said: Maybe no one will notice…”

2 Likes

I wish he’d come and paint mine. :grin:

Reminds me of Bond’s perfect clown make-up in Octopussy. It would make for a fun deleted scene of Bond muttering to himself about the nuclear bomb about to go off, while doing the finishing touches to that tear down the cheek.

2 Likes

Maybe no one will notice:

That not only is John Terry the most forgettable Felix in the series, but also the most ineffectual.

After giving Bond the all-clear to penetrate Whittaker’s compound he…what? Goes to bed? It might have been useful for Bond to know that Pushkin and his Spetsnaz team were making like the cavalry and bringing up the rear. Unless, of course, Felix didn’t notice a man as large as Pushkin, in a light blue suit , tiptoeing through the tulips with a group of armed commandos?

Better left forgotten.

5 Likes

He was tending the moustache. That thing looked like a full time job.

He took advice from FRWL Connery Bond who said it “should be routine from here on in.”

Haha, there are a few moments like that. Eg. the marines at the end of Goldeneye, just lying hidden in the grass, while Bond nearly died trying to save the world.

1 Like

They went out for “A quiet drink” the night before…most only woke up when they heard their boss shouting at them.

3 Likes

Bond was only saving London, in Cuba - not their international incident unless/until activated by Wade.

3 Likes

“We have no desire to finish World War III, unless we start it.” — Jack Wade.

That was “see” WWIII, but your interpretation makes more sense.

Maybe no one will notice that Kananga is hardly a math whiz. “I gave you a fifty-fifty chance. You weren’t even close.” Solitaire could be either completely right or completely wrong—there was no “close.”

2 Likes