Mission: Impossible 7 & 8 (2023/2024)

I just wish the man would give it his all just once instead of phoning it in time after time. :wink:

6 Likes

Just makes me appreciate Rick Sylvester skiing off a mountain and into a BASE jump in 1977 without the aid of computers more…

5 Likes

… and how that one could have ended.

The man is amazing! Tom Cruise and the Mission: Impossible series is, and has been for years, setting the bar for incredible over-the-top stunt work that the James Bond series USED to be known for. As a Bond fan, I miss those days, but at least we get to see it in the M:I series. Kudos to Cruise and company.

But Arbogast777 is right, no matter how great Cruise’s stunt work is–and it is undeniably great and his meticulous preparation to detail for the above particular stunt is commendable–at the same time it just makes Rick Sylvester’s efforts in both The Spy Who Loved Me’s BASE jump and For Your Eyes Only’s rock climbing cliff fall all the more impressive without his having done all those practice runs. He did it on the first try! :exploding_head: :clap: :+1:

4 Likes

Meh… when he’s surfing a glacial tsunami get back to me.

12 Likes

Big deal… Everyone knows Brosnan did this same stunt with a bike AND he managed to enter a small aircraft on the fall in Goldeneye.

Sadly there was no Making Of at the time, so people still think it’s fake.:smile:

8 Likes

1 Like

If I remember correctly the stunt was real but I don´t think Brosnan did it…

5 Likes
5 Likes

Tough working week.

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

SPOILER

Tom Cruise does an insane stunt.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Lovely poster.

2 Likes

Roger looking good here

11 Likes

This is my most anticipated movie of the year. The early preview reactions sound incredibly exciting. I just hope the film doesn’t get edited down too much in a way that reduces its true effectiveness.

2 Likes

Given Cruise and McQ are the ones in charge, I don’t see anyone successfully trying to make changes to the film it’s star/producer and Writer/director/producer don’t want.

3 Likes

Roger always looks good.

3 Likes