1 Like

This is it for anyone else getting the

The uploader has not made this video available in your country

response

2 Likes
5 Likes

Now that’s an interesting addition…

3 Likes

Cruise and McQuarrie really know what they are doing. Can’t wait for these two films!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Until the next one makes a ton of money and all of a sudden Dead Reckoning Part 2 isn’t the end after all.

3 Likes

I actually think that Cruise and McQuarrie have structured these two films as their end point and are ready to move on with the recently announced projects.

It was also pretty widely believed that Cruise was going to be done with the franchise with Ghost Protocol as well. When Dead Reckoning becomes the highest grossing film(s) in the franchise, Cruise and McQuarrie will go on to make those other films, but somewhere along the way, after a couple of years, we’ll get some kind of press release from Paramount announcing that they’ve secured the services of Cruise to reprise his Ethan Hunt character yet again. There’s too much money to be made for them to let it go at this point.

1 Like

Incredible as he is, Cruise cannot go on forever. He has clearly worked hard on an end to this 27 year journey that will see Ethan Hunt go down in a blaze of glory and from which there is no coming back. They may try to resurrect MI sans Cruise but, without his commitment to outrageous stunts, I can’t see it being anywhere near as successful.

1 Like

We’ll see. Money is what ultimately rules the day in Hollywood, and Cruise is as big a star, if not bigger, than he’s ever been, if that’s even possible. Coming off of his first billion-dollar film with the new Top Gun film, which took 30-some years to arrive in theaters, there’s already talk of a third film. When people flock to the two M:I films and make them the most successful films in the franchise to date, no matter how much Cruise and McQuarrie say that this is the end, ultimately money talks and the studios, in the end, get what they want. I’m rather confident that, short of them blatantly showing the Ethan Hunt character die some terribly gruesome death on screen, at the end of the day, there will be another film carrying the title Mission: Impossible and Tom Cruise will appear on screen in it in some capacity. There’s too much money at stake for too many people for it not to happen.

1 Like

If that were so easy, Hollywood would only make winners.

Cruise is 60 now and aware that he cannot keep on making these movies the way he has made them successful.

Will „the brand“ end with him? Yes, I guess so. Even if he stepped back to just produce: who would star, who would direct? Cruise kept McQuarrie because he realized this was lightning in a bottle, and this right mix only works for a few times at best.

A reboot in a few years will definitely be attempted. But I don’t think it will work.

Bond has been lucky so far. But nobody guarantees success.

2 Likes

There’s no reason to believe what they say about this until either we reach a point where it’s clear no new M:I film is coming or they put out a rebooted M:I without Cruise. Wasn’t John Wick supposed to end after the third installment? How many “Final Chapter” subtitles has Hollywood seen over the years? Does anyone actually expect that Halloween Ends will actually end that franchise? Ethan Hunt has seemingly walked away from IMF before and still been brought back. Unless he dies some horrific death on screen, there’s no reason to completely count out a return for M:I-9, whether it be an attempt for Hunt to continue on as the lead agent or transition into some kind of Jim Phelps-type role.

The franchise also doesn’t need McQuarrie. Brad Bird delivered a huge hit for the franchise and the studio when both Cruise and M:I were on the ropes, so to speak. Paramount had ditched Cruise, we were all talking about how M:I wasn’t going to go on because Cruise couldn’t do it anymore and Jeremy Renner was going to take over, and then Bird and Cruise come back and deliver a hugely successful film that shut everyone up and set the stage for what McQuarrie has been able to do. So it can be done without him and, quite honestly, if it continues on beyond this two-parter, probably should be done without him.

At the end of the day, if there’s a buck to be made, the studio will find a way to make it. Only when the returns on M:I are diminishing will it truly come to an end, and the action-star version of Tom Cruise has never been more popular than he’s been at this moment.

Franchises don’t typically end on high notes. Studios run them into the ground until they’ve squeezed every last drop of blood out of the proverbial stone that they can.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Cruise giving way to another actor(s) on additional films but remaining a producer and the “face” of the franchise.

2 Likes

As I’ve said earlier in this thread, I think Cruise will likely stay on as a controlling executive producer but will step back onscreen as the team leader in the field on missions, instead taking on a puppet-master/control type of position who aids the team from a remote HQ, oversees the mission status, and gets his hands dirty as needed by jumping into the field when the outcome hangs in the balance.

4 Likes

So McQuarrie went on the Light The Fuse podcast with Cruise and a few other cast members, and they said that these next two being a finale for he series isn’t exactly true.

https://screenrant.com/mission-impossible-7-8-tom-cruise-ending-uncertain/

2 Likes

The teaser trailer with added OTT Tom Cruise intro.

4 Likes

I would already be shivering just sitting in that plane.

6 Likes
2 Likes