'Never Say McClory Again' Remastered in HD

Looking forward to it, but I did favor the use of Shirley Bassey’s ‘History Repeating’ over the main titles or the first version.

Bryce_003, it was with some thought that I replaced the Bassy/Propellorheads History Repeating with Phyllis Hayman’s Never Say Never Again; but the overwhelming bulk of feedback, in the decade since the SD version was first put out there, determined the change for the 2018 HD version. I had considered a third audio track which used History Repeating but couldn’t edit the song to smoothly fit the timeslot (I cannot bear clumsy song-edits or just fading-out a song to ‘make it fit’).

The only gripe I have with the song in the new version of the main titles is that the ‘film title’ credit doesn’t coincide with an appropriate spike in the music. No matter how I edited the main-titles, the ‘solution’ caused more problems for the smooth visual flow of Binder’s titles.

Feedback for the HD version has been wholly positive but I haven’t yet received enough feedback to properly gauge a general perspective.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Fair enough and editing around pre-existing footage can be a chore that I’ve languished through in many other projects over the years. Not easy by any means. Cheers for the effort and I can appreciate your logic.

Hi There,

I’m new to the group and got here via a somewhat circuitous route. I was reading the huge Nobody Does It Better book. I got to the section on NSNA. It was there that I saw a reference to Never Say McClory Again. A bit of Googling brought me here.

Once I’ve posted a few topics and get some DM rights, I’d love to find out more about NSMCA

2 Likes

That is a complex issue as, whilst worth watching, is technically illegal.

EON do now own it, so the “Eonised” version of NSNA being released legally isn’t impossible, just Very unlikely.

This sounds interesting!

@ BlofeldsCat, would definitely be interested in seeing your edit! Although I don’t know how to PM you. I don’t see an option for that.

Thanks!

Hello and HELLLLLLPPPPP!

I decided to attempt the creation of a 5.1 version of my Never Say McClory Again fan-edit and discovered that I no longer have the isolated ‘Dialogue’ and ‘Effects’ tracks (only a mixed ‘dialogue & effects’ track.

The earliest version of the old SD ‘DVD’ version contained separate isolated dialogue and effects tracks (to facilitate user-creation of their own re-score).

If any among the readership have a copy of the early version of the DVD which has the aforementioned isolated-audio tracks, I’d like to get a copy of the tracks.

I’m in when it’s available and I can PM. Can’t now.

@HockeyMask can you elaborate on the problems you’re having? We did do an upgrade today, so would be good to know if we’ve inadvertantly broken something :grimacing:

Precisely how does one send a private message please?

That’s funny, I’m halfway through the audiobook of Nobody Does It Better, all 28 hours of it, and this was the first time I had heard of the re-cut edition. It’s a great book and great narration, there’s three or four people doing it because it’s mostly reading quotations.

I don’t post much but I am here nearly everyday reading the great posts by people. When PMs start working, I would be grateful to anyone who would contact me and suggest how I might get to see Never Say McClory Again. Thanks and all the best.

1 Like

Brilliant work on this film, I’m loving the new score. The addition of the Pretenders was a lovely touch but more than anything, it makes me want to watch TLD instead. That would take me a good 2-3 minutes* to download though, so I’ll stick with NSMcCA.

I’d never noticed this on the cruise missiles before, it is quite a lot of warning stickers considering it is designed to kill and destroy!

Edit:* 4 minutes in fact

And true to form one of the stickers is already peeling off - then again it flew a considerable distance and is not actually expected to finish with what one might call a ‘landing’ as such…