News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Thank you. The interiors are what caught my attention–I had the strong feeling that I was watching Morris’ work there.

Just out of curiosity, at what point do you think Eon will either admit to a production start delay or announce a press conference, 4 March?

1 Like

Wow, I went out of town for a day on business and woke up this morning to discover 59 messages have transpired in this thread!

Great insight on everyone’s part. In fact, everything’s been covered so well, I have nothing new to add other than a debilitating desire for a press conference to clear everything up and assure us the captains are indeed at the helm and the voyage is underway!

1 Like

As an aside, the reaction will be a good indicator to Universal that Bond was a good investment, given the amount of headlines dedicated to them moving Bond 7 weeks, whilst the other films they shuffled have not a word mentioned.

3 Likes

By Variety - but it wasn’t followed by dozens of hot takes to “discuss” it - most of which, btw, then ignore Variety actually saying why it was moved.

Though…I hear they HAD to move FF9 so they can parachute in a top Holloywood writer to add The Rock back in following a disastrous screening for top studio bosses. Feel free to add any other click bait buzz words to that obvious bit of image

as you see fit.

1 Like

I’d be interested in how a disastrous screening of a film that hasn’t even rolled cameras yet occurred. That would be a first.

It was one of many blatant lies in that click-bait style headline suggestion.

Similarly was considering adding in;

“Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel getting hair transplants after disastrous screening”

But the fact that only one thing in that sentence is even CLOSE to reality (Vin Diesel will be in the film) it seemed to go a bit too far…

2 Likes

Filming now to begin on April 5th?? Take with a grain of salt but this would make sense and corroborate what Linus Sandgren had stated about beginning in April.

1 Like

Yes, I think so. Makes sense, since the release date has also changed, Scott Burns, etc

True…Maybe one should make that a bigger grain of salt than I originally was intending.

A retweet of heresay someone on a different forum heard…seems legit…

Still makes sense.

2 Likes

The thing that blows my mind is a company as engrained and successful as Eon doesn’t think PR is necessary when the theme of a troublesome production is so prevalent. Getting ahead of this could actually help in the long range scheme of things, at least in my mind.

This is all just rumour, which EON have long had a policy of not commenting on. It’s why the Idris Elba story won’t die.

The theme of a troublesome production is not just from rumors and unfounded claims, it has been front and center with delays (choosing a studio) and changes such as Boyle’s hiring and subsequent departure. I get your point, but I still think Eon would be wise to comment in a positive and encouraging tone.

3 Likes

When there’s some good news I’m sure they’ll be no hesitation in announcing it.

Boyle was officially talked about, and what exactly could they say about MGM’s financial struggles? When they’ve had something worth announcing, they have - Craig’s return, Boyle joining, Boyle leaving, CFJ hiring, release date changes. Beyond that, when tabloids and forums will make stuff up when they’re bored all the time, why would EON want to talk about rumours that surface?

3 Likes

The backstory sounds like the usual fabricated rumor stuff of doubtful provenance. The original poster’s name rings a bell to me – someone with a rather similar user name around on various Bond boards for years – but I can’t really say if positive or negative.

I’ll keep the saltshaker within reach, even though there might be something to it. Even a broken watch tells the correct time twice a day…

4 Likes

I’m sure you’re right, that is the only time they ever comment, when there is “good news”. But we’re not the one’s labeling it a troublesome production, pretty much every article has some tidbit that alludes to this. When I talk to younger fans about Bond 25, the comments I get range from “Is that ever going to happen?” to “Bond is so outdated.” This is the perception from the non-fanatics like us. At some point this has got to sink in to the powers that be, and changes made. Don’t get me wrong, I want nothing more than for all this to be forgotten because we were blown away by the finished product. But if it doesn’t, I feel someone will need to wake up.

Not where, but when. When it hits theatres everyone will drawing lines one side or the other.

But if the consensus is positive it won’t be dissengenous to feel relieved. And if that’s a valid reaction, then ergo we must have seen it as in some worrying strife at some point.

If it looks like it and smells like it then it probably is it and there’s nought wrong with thinking it and saying it (if you get my meaning).

Personally I’ve got faith in CJF to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. And I’m relieved that if the script needs work, then they’re not burying their heads in the sand, but biting the bullet and hiring someone with credentials to improve it.