News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Pardon to break the Burns script debate… but is it really true that a press conference is going to be held on April 1st? I got that impression from a post further back in the forum. Thanks

That was reported above. The timing would make sense as main production is set to being in April (I believe some filming is already underway in Norway to take advantage of the season). That being said, I am very skeptical of April 1…

Welcome mummyboy11! You’ve obviously been reading for awhile, glad you have joined the actual discussion. I know most of us hope for the press conference on April 1st, but the longer it goes without concrete confirmation makes it skeptical. Like I said above, I’m hoping for the glass to be half-filled!

2 Likes

EON arn’t Disney. If there’s a press conference on April 1st, we’ll be told March 31st.

The press needs more time to know in advance. It still could happen on April 1st, but I don’t believe that date was reliable intel.

And really, EON will probably consider a big press conference problematic since the inevitable questions about Boyle would be asked, also about the script rumours.

It seems more likely that they will do a press release of the cast and the locations, nothing else. Even the title could be withheld if the script is not finalized.

I still think the title will end up being Shatterhand, despite what Barbara wrote on that poster.

3 Likes

I dunno, its pretty easy to inform film “journalists” what questions shouldnt be asked - they are basically PR for these conferences and wont rock the boat too much - easier still to give a non answer - i think the traditional conference will still go ahead with title cast locations etc… april 1st or not i dont know

If it is April 1st (imo the date makes it a hoax) and if the cast still haven’t read a script, then it’ll be interesting to watch their body language etc for jitters.

That’s why I doubt there will be a press conference - they won’t want to repeat the life jacket experience.

2 Likes

Why bother then with a press conference? Most big blockbuster films start shooting without one anyway.

I’d agree, I see them just getting on with filming it rather than trying to drum up press a year before the films release.

I was just being a tad facetious over EON not sharing Disney/Marvel’s approach of announcing announcements and trailers for trailers.

4 Likes

Agree with SAF, Orion, et al. I think EON are consciously changing their playbook. This isn’t a new lead actor, in anything it’s his last and that will generate interest when it gets nearer to release time. This isn’t the pre-internet world where the only way to let the world know what you were doing was to get in front of some hacks. Now - go to twitter, instagram etc - and the rest of us are up and running for you.

Because it’s not a “most big blockbuster film”, it’s a Bond film, and “The Press Conference” has been part of a Bond production for ages.

Why not April 1st? Okay, it’s a bit of a fun date, but then again, if people were going for that, one might aswell eliminate the date entirely from the calendar as nothing that happens or is announced on that day would be taken for serious. Lock everything up, shut down all media outlets on that day etc.

I tried to find out on what days Bond press conferences are usually held. My guess would have been “always on Fridays”, to make it something for the weekend papers. But actually, the last time that happened was for CR (DAD’s was on a Friday, too) in 2005. QoS was on a Thursday, SF was on a Monday and SPECTRE on a Wednesday. Which means that every Craig Bond film had the press conference on a different weekday. The only one we didn’t have was a Tuesday, which would be perfect for… April 2nd. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

To me the gold of an opening press conference is the “live-feed” that gets the title and cast reveal to a 21st Century audience watching on line, versus the journalists present. It’s treated like an event.

2 Likes

Whilst I’d love to see one personally, professionally I don’t see it.

Unless they intend on using a cast member not announced (Christoph Waltz, for example) in a very public location early on, they might not see a need.

Would it be unprecedented not to have the press junket?

If B25 doesn’t have one could it be influence form Eon’s new partners preventing them from going in half cocked (it’s never stopped them in the past)?

It really is astounding at how much trouble the parties involved seem to have in getting a Bond film off the ground these days.

They should consider themselves lucky that Tom Cruise is approaching his 60s. If Cruise were younger, he would be in a position to make Mission: Impossible the premiere spy franchise based on how well he and McQuarrie have things running over there.

1 Like

You mean extensive re-writes and reshoots during filming that where so unpredictable that they couldn’t let cast know when they’d be needed or what they where doing?

3 Likes

I guess this is headline material in a news drought :woozy_face:

They’ve managed to handle their adversity much better than EON/MGM could ever dream of at this point. They managed to move the release date of Rogue Nation forward by half a year and weathered the storm of Tom Cruise’s broken ankle and the aforementioned script issues to produce one of the best films of the genre in recent years in Fallout.

Their issues, IMO, don’t seem nearly as consistent and sustained as those that seem to plague EON and MGM at this point.

2 Likes