News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Two reasons: the star wants to make those movies and is in unison with a writer/director who is also enthusiastic about it.

5 Likes

I’m also guessing that Cruise has greater autonomy over precedings, meaning decisions are made more quickly and not as open to debate (and debate and debate).

Bond doesn’t have such a powerful, singular player involved. That means more compromise and compromise takes times.

1 Like

Sebastien Soudais : picture from Pinewood, tagged #Bond25, and story from Norway https://www.instagram.com/sebastiensoudai/

He was in The Rhythm Section , too.

True. But from Craig‘s behavior I get the idea that even EON for a long time did not know whether they could still count on him to go on, despite giving him a producing credit.

Cruise is always fully committed and that helps a lot. Imagine him working with EON. They would have no problem releasing films on a regular basis.

1 Like

Definitely. Craig was always dragging his heels. Or, as he himself out it, “I’ve bee n trying to get out of this from the start.”

2 Likes

So upped his contract twice just to annoy people on forums?

Not gonna lie, that would be reason enough for me, but my sense of humour is petty.

3 Likes

Mine too

Same forums, shall be deriding number 7 whilst pining for the Craig era.

i certainly won’t be.

Craig may be doing it for the paycheck, as he once admitted. Maybe so he can pick and choose roles mor.e

Ok…

…we really need some actual news don’t we?

3 Likes

Definitely :slight_smile:

Does this count as actual news?

2 Likes

Why does Eon always go with whoever is flavour of the month?

3 Likes

By all accounts, this may have been a done deal before all the Oscar stuff.

Less ‘flavour’, more ‘happenstance’?

2 Likes

Imo, indeed it does. The poor fellows probably just lost his spot on BBs Xmas card list after (kind of) accidentally telling us all that Raimi’s locked.

$$$$$$$$

And it could be that that’s not everything he’s lost.

2 Likes

I just want to know if Christoph Waltz is coming back because he doesn’t have any projects coming up it seems.

A bigger role than expected, if cast, perhaps?

His instagram post has been edited and no longer says “we will rock you”

In this instance luck, given they seemingly were courting him before his Oscar win.

I will say, it’s hardly knew for Bond to try and put recently popular people into their films. Vijay in Octopussy is the one that leaps out to me. It’s like if they had Andy Murray turn up in Skyfall as an MI6 agent called “Andy” in a supporting role.

2 Likes

I don´t think that they want Malek because he’s recently popular. They know that he is an incredibly good actor. His popularity works well with that, of course.

What I do not understand is this: why is EON still waiting to inform the press officially about cast and crew? At this point not having closed a deal would be weird, so I must suspect that they want to go the old fashioned way and reveal everything at the same time.

Which would be fine, of course. But as with so many previous “reveals” nobody will be surprised anymore if Malek, for example, is announced for BOND 25. His name is all over the internet in connection to the villain´s role.

If it were possible to really keep everything a secret and then the huge surprise would be the press conference that strategy would be fantastic.

But that time has passed. In this age things get leaked immediately. And instead of holding on to “the worst kept secrets” like the title SKYFALL, for example, EON should rather shoot down rumors at once or use the attention and maximize it by affirming rumors when they are indeed true.

If they also want to do their kick off production press conference they can still bring all major actors on stage and have them answer the usual questions with the usual preconceived stock answers.

But keeping quiet, as if that would make the eventual announcement more surprising, rings tone-deaf in this internet age.

2 Likes